Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermain DeFoe

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Defoe will be 35... soon after the new season kicks off..

A 3 yr deal on even 100k a week is just madness.... even if no signing on fee is involved which i am sure there will be.....

You can bet your life he got a few million out of them to sign on ... thats another 20 grand a week over 3 years...
Plucky Bournemouth eh?

Twats.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Bournemouth paying £130k a week for 3 years for a 35 year old...

FOOTBALL IS DEAD!

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why the inverted commas around 'agrees' as if it's something odd - he's hardly likely to disagree, is he? Although in the left hand picture he does seem to be thinking hard about it.................................................

All scummy papers use them to cover themselves for legal reasons when printing things that are factually dubious.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The parallelism between b'muff and Pompey a few years ago is uncanny

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Its not really a typical Howe signing either

This. I really cannot see that Howe is behind this, it will cause problems with teammates who are on a quarter of the money but a hell of a lot more than 25% as effective.

Get JT in, pay him a bung and stupid money then get relegated with 2 players costing more then FFP will allow, get into administration, do a Pompey. Job done.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought hef have held out for the full £7m per annum

No, he has to put up with what he can get now he's coming to the end of his career!

On a serious note, I don't know how much B'muff will get from Sky for finishing 9th, but I do wonder whether forking out £6.5M a year out of all those millions is such a laughable idea after all. He'll score goals for them, that's for sure, so perhaps it will turn out to be worth it.
I hope for their sake they've got some sort of relegation clause in there, though...................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here