Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Park and ride

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Horsham Park & Ride: £2 return for up to 5 persons after 0900. Normal service bus provides the transport, Metrobus part of the same group as B & H buses.

http://www.horshamparkandride.co.uk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Park at Withdean and walk into Town, cost £0
Park at Withdean walk to Preston Park Station return ticket cost £2.90 per person

Simple

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
London Road car park. Avoid the city centre jams. Cheaper than the others. Money doesn't go to NCP. Pleasant stroll through North Laine to the shops. Always use it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Withdean hasn't been a Park & Ride for years now. It is a car park, that has the number 27 bus that stops outside, so is the same fare as anywhere else in the city.

Why not leave the car at home and catch the train into Brighton?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is it really easier to park in car parks in the centre of Brighton?
I avoid the car parks behind Churchill Square and the Brighton Centre, it always seems to take ages to drive into central Brighton and queue up in these car parks.

Those car parks are only a nightmare at the weekend. During the week, outside of rush hour, it's pretty straight forward.

The car park behind London Road (round the back of Richer Sounds) is only £1 an hour I think and Churchill Sq is £3 for 2 hours

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Withdean hasn't been a Park & Ride for years now. It is a car park, that has the number 27 bus that stops outside, so is the same fare as anywhere else in the city.

Exactly, that's all it is, with a monopolistic bus company picking passengers up outside at rip off fares for a 2.5 mile journey.

It was subisidised for a number of years after the Churchill Square redevelopment, by monies from its owner Standard Life, as a planning condition for a fixed period.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is my point it should be an affordable usable P & R to ease the congestion in the city centre. As regards trains I never use them as I have An OAP bus pass which I use even for home games as right or wrong I think it may save the club money.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Those car parks are only a nightmare at the weekend. During the week, outside of rush hour, it's pretty straight forward.

The car park behind London Road (round the back of Richer Sounds) is only £1 an hour I think and Churchill Sq is £3 for 2 hours

Without all the weekend day trippers and shoppers I'm sure it's better during the week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is my point it should be an affordable usable P & R to ease the congestion in the city centre. As regards trains I never use them as I have An OAP bus pass which I use even for home games as right or wrong I think it may save the club money.

As post 33 says, it was subsidised when the bus used to go straight down London Road to the centre.

You weren't referring to your bus pass previously, but for your son and three other people. I was suggesting the train for them, not you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As post 33 says, it was subsidised when the bus used to go straight down London Road to the centre.

You weren't referring to your bus pass previously, but for your son and three other people. I was suggesting the train for them, not you.

Sorry I thought that you meant me as I wouldnt pay. In my case I park at Asda and get the 5B into town do what I have to and get back ASAP. If I expect to be any length of time I park in the slip road opposite Sainsburys in Carden Ave (was The Snipe) and still get the 5B.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to Canterbury last year P&R all day 4 people £3.00 return.

That is how the effective systems work so why is it beyond Brighton and Hove Council? I am sure the Yellow buses would be interested in providing the buses at a reasonable rate if B & H wont. Compass wouldnt as they are very profit driven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here