Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS hospitals across England hit by large-scale cyber-attack

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
This this and THIS! NHS trusts are scandalously run according to several senior experts I've spoken to in my time. I actually think the politicians are easy hate targets for the electorate when senior civil servants and trust managers should be taking a much bigger proportion of the blame for failings and the mind blowing waste, inefficiency and damned right incompetence that is our National Health Service today.
Daily Mail reader?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Quite a lot of bollox being spoke in this thread from someone who works in IT in the NHS.
I used to work in NHS IT too. Sadly, most people seem to think the Daily Fail is a good source of accurate information.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Leaked NSA exploit blamed for global ransomware cyberattack

https://www.rt.com/usa/388187-leaked-nsa-exploit-ransomware/

Thank Goodness the NSA & GCHQ are protecting us from "Terroists" whilst allowing the NHS' IT systems to rely on easily exploited, outdated OS/Server platforms like Windows XP/2000 because they refuse to bring the technology in to 2017 terms of acceptance!

"Strong and Stable!" :D

Most of your confidential medical records are probably out there by now for all to see! Or will be soon after the pastebin leaks

This, I'm horrified that some lunatic can see that I'm on Ramipril everyday [emoji853]

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Leaked NSA exploit blamed for global ransomware cyberattack

https://www.rt.com/usa/388187-leaked-nsa-exploit-ransomware/

Thank Goodness the NSA & GCHQ are protecting us from "Terroists" whilst allowing the NHS' IT systems to rely on easily exploited, outdated OS/Server platforms like Windows XP/2000 because they refuse to bring the technology in to 2017 terms of acceptance!

"Strong and Stable!" :D

Most of your confidential medical records are probably out there by now for all to see! Or will be soon after the pastebin leaks
Ah well. That's austerity for you. You get what you vote for.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ah well. That's austerity for you. You get what you vote for.

Love the way the gov trying to deflect any negligence on the basis that 70 countries have been effected and it was not just the NHS was targeted. Heads need to roll

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Daily Mail reader?

Sorry no, and equally if that swipe doesn't fit your argument

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Sorry no, and equally if that swipe doesn't fit your argument
I've read that several times. Didn't understand it the first time, still don't. Maybe I'm getting old, and it's "kid talk". I still think you're a Daily Mail reader, or failing that, the Express.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Amber Rudd is a complete moron.

Q. Are the files backed up?
A. I hope so.

Really? Where do you get your IT monkeys from?

A. If we have files backed up then the attack is worthless as we can just restore them.

What about the changes since the last backup, numbnuts? Suppose it doesn't matter that Aunt Maude's record update with a drug allergy has been lost?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It was under Blair but it wasn't the government who would have messsd things up would it? As said before, be the fault others such as government contractors and trust heads who probably swam well clear of the wreckage. We need to stop blaming politicians all the time, they're only part to blame; this is big corporate businesses who are responsible if not accountable.

Completely agree. This happens under a Tory Government and the usual suspects blame the Tories. This happens under a Labour Government and the other usual suspects blame Labour. Meanwhile big business and management get away with it because people are addicted to making party political points or cheap jibes about Brexit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's the public sector. The government IS responsible.

some trusts affected, some not affected showing that the exposure to this vulnerability is largely down to local trusts implementation of IT. unless its blind luck.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've read that several times. Didn't understand it the first time, still don't. Maybe I'm getting old, and it's "kid talk". I still think you're a Daily Mail reader, or failing that, the Express.

then if there's a problem, it's all yours.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
some trusts affected, some not affected showing that the exposure to this vulnerability is largely down to local trusts implementation of IT. unless its blind luck.
"Local trusts" do not have their own IT services. They can be provided by NHS dedicated IT services, or private sector organisations.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Summary executions for the culprits of this.

Agree. I just hope Jeremy Hunt's hanging doesn't clash with my holiday; I'd like to watch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Politics again, don't you ever give it a rest blaming everything on the government.

Government is responsible and accountable for this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here