Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC iPlayer Recommendations?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
In my ignorance, I thought iPlayer was just for catch-up - I didn't realise programmes were released directly to it.

Anyway, I saw a review of Simon Amstell's "Carnage", and watched it last night. Set in the future, it looks back at an awful time when we used to eat animals, drink the milk of cows, etc. Very funny and thought-provoking. Manages to make some good points, without ever preaching. Some big names in it, too. And I'll definitely be eating nut-cheese in future. (ooer, is it any good?)

Any other iPlayer-only recommendations?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In my ignorance, I thought iPlayer was just for catch-up - I didn't realise programmes were released directly to it.

Anyway, I saw a review of Simon Amstell's "Carnage", and watched it last night. Set in the future, it looks back at an awful time when we used to eat animals, drink the milk of cows, etc. Very funny and thought-provoking. Manages to make some good points, without ever preaching. Some big names in it, too. And I'll definitely be eating nut-cheese in future. (ooer, is it any good?)

Any other iPlayer-only recommendations?

The Rack Pack was iPlayer only, but was recently broadcast. Worth a look if you missed it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If it's still on there, the OJ simpson documentary is brilliant. 9 hours or something.

And I don't mean the dramatization with John Travolta in it.

Fleabag was an excellent new comedy. Also liked 'Uncle' and 'People Just do Nothing'

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
This Country is well worth a watch. Made me laugh a lot. Its a fly on the wall style documentary following a couple of yong people living in a village in the cotswolds.

Very funny.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thanks, will check out the Storyville stuff.

But I'd rather watch Palace than Fleabag or Car Share.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thirteen. Worth a watch.

Yes it was, but that was on ordinary BBC, surely, not iPlayer?

Just to be clear, I'm asking about stuff that's only on iPlayer. BBC1-4 progs I'll find in the normal way.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If it's still on there, the OJ simpson documentary is brilliant. 9 hours or something.

And I don't mean the dramatization with John Travolta in it.

Fleabag was an excellent new comedy. Also liked 'Uncle' and 'People Just do Nothing'

I absolutely loved Uncle. Thought it was pretty well done and witty.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It's on there. It was on BBC3. The online channel. 5 episodes.

Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. I watched it on BBC3. I'm looking for things that have only been released on iPlayer.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The 80's, with Dominic Sandbrook.

Timeshift (lots of different episodes)

I love having a right good dig around on iPlayer. Red hot bubble bath, iPad Pro resting on the washing basket, ice cold can of beer, BBC iPlayer, and that's me done until the Mrs turfs me out of there to watch drivel on the 'real' telly.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This Country is well worth a watch. Made me laugh a lot. Its a fly on the wall style documentary following a couple of yong people living in a village in the cotswolds.

Very funny.

I really enjoyed This Country, not everyone's cup of tea but I thought it was very funny.
I think you are only the second person Ive seen mention it on NSC.

Tomato :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here