Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**The Official Vaping Thread"

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I've been vaping two years now and use a DNA 75w mod and cubis tank.
I'm a MTL vaper.
My favourite shop for e-liquids is the the vape shop Brighton which is down boundary road in portslade.
What's your thoughts regarding new laws coming out with 10ml liquid bottles and 2ml tanks?
Looks like they're going to be properly regulated now
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/06June/Pages/e-cigarettes-and-vaping.aspx
Yet still we see scaremongering
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mi...health-warning-flavoured-nicotine-5527765.amp
Makes me wonder if the big tabacco companies are perhaps behind a lot of these stories as so many people quit smoking and move to vaping

Oct 25, 2003
Harsh. IMO if it helps people quit the real thing it's gotta be good.

it certainly helped me quit tobacco

however I also gave up vaping fairly quickly. It seems people simply transfer one addiction to another. Yes, you cut out all the nasty bits that are found in cigarettes but addiction of any kind isn't healthy

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
it certainly helped me quit tobacco

however I also gave up vaping fairly quickly. It seems people simply transfer one addiction to another. Yes, you cut out all the nasty bits that are found in cigarettes but addiction of any kind isn't healthy

If it can be a stepping stone to totally quitting, then even better.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Harsh. IMO if it helps people quit the real thing it's gotta be good.

Your both right. For those that smoke, if it helps quit then great. However, there seem to be plenty of people who never smoked and now vape. There are kids in year 8 at my daughters school that vape (obviously not in school) so they are doing just for the same reasons that kids of that age used to start smoking, ie it seemed the cool thing to do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from helping you quit cigarettes just what is the point? It's a piss poor substitute for smoking imo. Do I want cherry flavoured tobacco? No because I'm not twelve. Do I want to crank it up and disappear in a cloud of smoke like a Rasta smoking a massive reefer, no. WTF is the point of vaping, someone please tell me. :shrug:

I say this as a non smoker for three years who vaped for a couple of weeks to help me give up. It was never any better than a really really poor substitute but I know people who gave up and now vape full time. Fecking odd imo.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Thanks to vaping, I now only smoke 2 - 3 cigs a day. Vape all day to about 7pm and then 2-3 cigs during the evening. I've never liked the sweet eliquid flavours, so I just stick with menthol. Started with 12mg nicotine and now down to 3mg. I will probably quit cigs (or both) sometime this year.

It's also great for long haul flights - just hold it for a while so there is no smoke.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Thanks to vaping, I now only smoke 2 - 3 cigs a day. Vape all day to about 7pm and then 2-3 cigs during the evening. I've never liked the sweet eliquid flavours, so I just stick with menthol. Started with 12mg nicotine and now down to 3mg. I will probably quit cigs (or both) sometime this year.

It's also great for long haul flights - just hold it for a while so there is no smoke.
Jacvapour do a smoke free vape so no clouds on exhale so nobody knows you're vaping

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Jacvapour do a smoke free vape so no clouds on exhale so nobody knows you're vaping

65f5f5d8f2fb7d00de895a3072f23736.jpg

:lolol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I see that vaping helps people stop smoking, so tick. It's just that those who indulge look like dicks and seem to carry themselves in such a smug, self satisfied way (look at me world, I'm not smoking now, but you can see that I used to, so applaud and admire me while I ostentatiously suck on this thing instead).

And worse, some places let them vape (what a horrible word) in places where they wouldn't be allowed to smoke, so double strength vanilla stink or whatever, plus extra clouds of smoke. Last week I went to a restaurant where a guy was vaping at the bar directly under the smoke detector. Nobody stopped him, so 5 smoke alarms went off. Staff didn't seem bothered and wandered around removing alarms from ceilings and walls at a leisurely pace while blaming an alarm in the back office.

But hey, if it stops people smoking by swapping addictions, then I guess it has it's place.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Apart from helping you quit cigarettes just what is the point? It's a piss poor substitute for smoking imo. Do I want cherry flavoured tobacco? No because I'm not twelve. Do I want to crank it up and disappear in a cloud of smoke like a Rasta smoking a massive reefer, no. WTF is the point of vaping, someone please tell me. :shrug:

I say this as a non smoker for three years who vaped for a couple of weeks to help me give up. It was never any better than a really really poor substitute but I know people who gave up and now vape full time. Fecking odd imo.

It's what Bacardi Breezers are to beer.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So it just looks like you're sucking on a big tube for no reason?

Yep, I'm sure that must be much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here