Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Kitchens

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting thread. We’re in the process of buying a kitchen as well. I think we’ve settled on a powder coated steel jobby

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wren supply good quality kitchens that are nice to fit. The problem was their fitters. Wether or not they weren't adequately tested or that their workload was so high they hired any old Tom or Dick to keep up.

I'm a carpenter and found their kitchens to be pleasant to fit.

Fancy pricing to fit mine? PM your details if interested.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just finished renovating a house and used these https://www.diy-kitchens.com/
Really good quality, only down side is you have to measure yourself and delivery takes a bit too long but very good value.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We used Wren a few years ago but I'm not sure I would use them again. The units weren't expensive but the facing on several units is loose and not stuck down properly . The trims are mdf and look it. We had to find our own fitters as Wren don't have any of their own, which was a lottery and took time to find. It's ok and functional, but not a "dream kitchen". The advantage was the units came prebuilt, not flat pack which takes a lot of room to store, but saves time fitting. With hindsight we should have taken longer to compare other suppliers in terms of the quality. Wren were the cheapest though - maybe you get what you pay for

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Recommendation is better than anything, but if you are looking for an installer, you could do worse than start here - all installers verified, gas safe checked, elecs checked, and have Public liability Insurance too.

https://www.bikbbi.org.uk/find-a-member/

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In process of doing finishing touches to our kitchen. Units purchased from Benchmarx in Hove and Shoreham. Good solid units, unlike the MFI crap we had ten years ago. The MFI had the usual hardboard backs whereas these are solid. Units come ready assembled apart from corner units and over housing. Did the underfloor heating and tiling myself and fitted the units and appliances. Had a local stonemason come in and do the worktops at half the price that the likes of Hamilton Designs or Heath Kitchens were quoting (suspect they use him and take their cut!).

Just waiting for the splashbacks to be delivered.

Researched and bought the appliances on Black Friday last year.

Didn't go to Wren but everyone I know that has spoken with them went away unhappy!!!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here