Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert, so it starts

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
If someone offers more than he is worth then sell. If not keep. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The question, dare I say it, is one of mutual benefit. An offer in excess of twenty million would possibly be good for both club and player. It's all about what suits. He could earn more elsewhere and a strong offer would give the club resources (although a hole to fill).
I don't see it like that at all.

£20+m is (amazingly) just a drop in the ocean, compared to AK getting a toe hold in the Premier League.

Even a couple of goals, assists, & performances, would make £20m look like chicken feed, and those performances would also get the Albion pointing in the right direction.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd miss him having his little personal 'mini-strops' with himself when things go wrong if he went. I love to see players that care.

There have been times when his jinky little runs have been thwarted by Championship defences, especially later in the season, so I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how he does against some high-grade defences. I do hope he's with us next season, and I'm sure he will be.

The only criticism I've seen from Leicester fans is that he held onto the ball too long, sometimes, instead of passing. He has a tendancy to want to do it all on his own. I've seen that a couple of times this season, when Murray was free, but Knocky was concentrating on beating his man.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't see it like that at all.

£20+m is (amazingly) just a drop in the ocean, compared to AK getting a toe hold in the Premier League.

Even a couple of goals, assists, & performances, would make £20m look like chicken feed, and those performances would also get the Albion pointing in the right direction.

This is a good point actually. In the crazy world of the Premier League, he would add £10 million to his value by scoring 5 goals and getting 5 assists by January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is a good point actually. In the crazy world of the Premier League, he would add £10 million to his value by scoring 5 goals and getting 5 assists by January.
No need to sound so surprised :lol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I just don't think they understand.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The question, dare I say it, is one of mutual benefit. An offer in excess of twenty million would possibly be good for both club and player.

Would it, though? We are guaranteed around £100m from PL TV rights without kicking a ball. Plus some additional sponsorship and match day income. So why would we want to sell our star player for less than 20% of guaranteed income and risk a quick return to Championship, losing around £50m even allowing for parachute payments.

Next season is about survival, and survival is essentially about scoring enough as Boro and Sunderland fans will testify. AK has his faults - he is too selfish at times - but he has more ability to change games than anyone else in the stripes.

£20m+ might be enough if PW has replacement(s) up his sleeve but CH keeps repeating there won't be wholesale changes. I think he thinks AK will stay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is amazing. No wonder Dale put pen to paper quickly. Dale was on 8K per week before.

Someone posted earlier this week with alleged inside knowledge said DS was on £15k a week until now.

That sounds far more plausible.

Vicente, CMS, Hoskins and Buckley were on £9k to £15k a week six years ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would it, though? We are guaranteed around £100m from PL TV rights without kicking a ball. Plus some additional sponsorship and match day income. So why would we want to sell our star player for less than 20% of guaranteed income and risk a quick return to Championship, losing around £50m even allowing for parachute payments.

Next season is about survival, and survival is essentially about scoring enough as Boro and Sunderland fans will testify. AK has his faults - he is too selfish at times - but he has more ability to change games than anyone else in the stripes.

£20m+ might be enough if PW has replacement(s) up his sleeve but CH keeps repeating there won't be wholesale changes. I think he thinks AK will stay.

Good post. AK isn't leaving and wants to stay with his buddies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here