Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atletico v Real SENSATION

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
How does that work then? As a season-ticket holder do you not get first dibs? Done nearly every major ground in European football but never made it to Atletico... shame, I expect the new place (impressive as it looks) won't quite be the same.

I left it too late to get a ticket so my own fault, by the time I went to get one they had all sold out.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Yup. Hated him when he was at Man U but he's proved time and again that he's a nice guy who hasn't let the fame go to his head and clearly is aware of his privileged position and uses it to do good. Greatest player ever though? I think Pele, Best, Maradona and Cruyff might have something to say about that.

Let's add his fellow Portu-Geezer EUSEBIO to that list. Unbelievably gifted.:bowdown:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
With him off the radar who should we sign? Brighton is a left leaning city so we pay taxes so messi is unlikely. Which other superstar should we target?

There is inference. Albeit sarcastic inference.
Brilliant. You actually thought that someone thought we are in the market for a world superstar. This is what makes ignoring the second part of your post so easy.
I just don't believe Ronaldo is anywhere near Pele, Maradona, Cruyf or Best for that matter. He is nowhere near the player Messi is.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
There is inference. Albeit sarcastic inference.

I just don't believe Ronaldo is anywhere near Pele, Maradona, Cruyf or Best for that matter. He is nowhere near the player Messi is.

We will have to agree to disagree about Ronaldo vs messi. My argument for Ronaldo over messi would include
1) dominated in two countries
2) better goal scoring for Madrid than messi has for Barca despite messi being in arguably the greatest club side ever assembled
3) Ronaldo has almost singlehandedly (well as close as you can in football) qualified Portugal for major championships and got them to the final before getting injured (he didn't miss a one on one in extra time in the final)
4) Ronaldo is a phenomenal athlete who is also a major asset defending set pieces
5) messi took drugs to grow.

Messi is phenomenal but I can't have him as better than Ronaldo. I don't think he could drag an inferior team up to the heights Ronaldo has done so.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Said so on twitter but I'd love it if CH adopted their model of being greater than the sum of their parts and instilled their relentless attacking mentality into our game plan.

So much energy and a joy to watch.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here