Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wasn't there

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My memory may be playing tricks Buzzer, but I thought Calde scored in the 2-1 away win at Charlton in the previous season - an evening game it was. Unfortunately going against the title of this thread, I was there.

Ah, was it? I knew he scored against Charlton for his first goal and thought it must be that.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I was working up in London for the day, knowing I had plenty of time to get back for the Brighton Leeds game 2015/16.

But thanks to Southern Rail I missed the first half!

And 4 goals!

The second half looked like a training game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hereford.
Working for Sky shoving satelite dishes up. I know exactly were I was though when 'that' goal went in as I was sat in the van for two hours listening to the radio outside a house in Woodingdean.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Ah, was it? I knew he scored against Charlton for his first goal and thought it must be that.

Also, to be pedantic, it was Peterborough 0 Albion 3.

As for me, since I have been actively supporting the Albion I think the only major milestone I have not attended would be the 1990-1991 Play-Off 2nd Leg at Millwall.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Missed Newcastle, in Paris on a French exchange trip. (Although to be fair at 14 I doubt I could have gone anyway)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Despite being quite a regular at the Goldstone for a few years by then, for one reason or another, the first FA Cup game I got to in 1983 was ..... the FA Cup Final REPLAY. So take your pick of the "I wasn't there" moments along that particular journey. And before anyone points it out, yes, I'm perfectly aware of the bad luck charm I appeared to be in that run.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Missed promotion game 6-0 v Watford in 1958 as born a month later .

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
v Villa in promotion season 72 - my Dad told me it was sold out!
Losing 2-1 to Arsenal in Cup, 87/88(?) - working in Dallas.
Wilkins' free kick v Ipswich 1991. Was at Dynamo Dresden v FC Magdeburg and listening on BBC World Service.
Plymouth promotion game 2001 - misjudgement borne of having 3 young kids.
Walsall championship game 2011 - on holiday in Jordan.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here