Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wasn't there

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The antithesis of the other thread. What momentous Albion moments were you not there for. Not being alive doesn't count :)

I missed the Cup Final (first match) despite having a ticket, due to a ******* RAF Sgt who wouldn't let me have a days leave, and I wasn't at Newcastle in '79 although my dad and brother were and to this day, I still don't know why I wasn't.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I missed the Newcastle game in 79 as I had an assignation with a young lady. I was gutted to miss the celebrations and even more gutted when said young lady stood me up.

Missed the 83 replay as I couldn't afford it - the final was costly enough, I was a student then

Missed Wilkins' free-kick in 87 - was a godfather at a christening

Missed Hereford in 97 - was best man at wedding

Missed Villa - not enough loyalty points

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I missed the Newcastle game in 79 as I had an assignation with a young lady. I was gutted to miss the celebrations and even more gutted when said young lady stood me up.

Missed the 83 replay as I couldn't afford it - the final was costly enough, I was a student then

Think you need to up your game a bit!!!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
All of this season and the playoff final in Cardiff against Bristol, all the big moments post 2000 I have been there except these two.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Too young for Newcastle and dad wouldn't/couldn't get a ticket for the Cup Final. Couldn't get off my Saturday job for the 88 promotion decider. And missed the Mansfield boycott through work. Plymouth away for promotion.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
The antithesis of the other thread. What momentous Albion moments were you not there for. Not being alive doesn't count :)

I missed the Cup Final (first match) despite having a ticket, due to a ******* RAF Sgt who wouldn't let me have a days leave, and I wasn't at Newcastle in '79 although my dad and brother were and to this day, I still don't know why I wasn't.

I also missed the 83 cup final, was in the Navy the Admirals boat coxswain and was detailed to carry out a practice run for the Archbishop of Canterbury visit the following week so they decided to conduct a practice on cup final afternoon. Was even more pissed to watch the highlights on match of the day and see the camera pan round to the royal box and see the feckin Archbishop of Canterbury there.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I missed the Wilkins free kick in 1987, in fact I can't even remember him taking a free kick in 1987 ???

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I missed Man City at Withdean. I had a season ticket that season and had th emoney to get a ticket. But I started my first 'proper' job the next day and wouldn't have got home from the football until 1/2am.

I missed the Wigan game this season. I could only afford tickets for me and the boy to that or Bristol City at home. I assumed nothing would be decided until close to the end of the season:(:facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Since arriving on the scene as a JCL in 1983, the big ones I've missed are Hereford, Man City at Withers and the title game at Walsall. No other big ones, I don't think.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
missed wigan at home

seen all the other big days since 1975

....oh yes and missed the game before southampton where we had won the league and they wouldn't line up for us...on a beach in Antigua for that one

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Newcastle 79 Too young and hadn't started going to football.
FA Cup Semi Granddad wouldn't take me as he said view from the Clock End at Highbury was rubbish. Parents wouldn't let me go on my own (was 13 at the time).
Play Off Final 91 Clashed with Grandparents Golden Wedding anniversary celebrations.
Hereford Not sure I could take the pressure, so preferred to stew at home

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
wasn't it '91?

unless you aren't talking about the Ipswich game that put us into the playoffs....

Yep, I missed the promotion game in 88 AND the Ipswich game in 91. I've no idea why I wasn't at that one, I went to most games that season - home and away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here