Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total anarchy in Hastings for Amber Rudd

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well, yes, most folk you speak to would agree with you, wouldn't they? The fact that they think its funny might of course testify to their immaturity. Perhaps you could give me your address, and I can paint this slogan on your garden wall, as you clearly approve of such things.

Typical Tory...assuming everyone has a garden wall. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, if you have one, can I borrow your garage please to keep my spare can of petrol in next time those nasty Union oiks threaten to call out the tanker drivers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is amazing and rather sad

streetartnewS_banksy_dover-2.jpg

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't get this Tory hate, would rather have them in charge than the Labour Party any day. Listening to Corbyn is like a throwback to the 1980's. I voted Labour like a lot of people years ago, but never ever again, as far as I'm concerned they wrecked this country to the point it will never be the same again. There are millions of other people just like me, who are not rich, but just plodding along. We agree it is what it is, and it doesn't matter what you do from this point forward nothing is going to change that much. Nobody is going to help you anymore, if you are able, only you can make things better.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't get this Tory hate, would rather have them in charge than the Labour Party any day. Listening to Corbyn is like a throwback to the 1980's. I voted Labour like a lot of people years ago, but never ever again, as far as I'm concerned they wrecked this country to the point it will never be the same again. There are millions of other people just like me, who are not rich, but just plodding along. We agree it is what it is, and it doesn't matter what you do from this point forward nothing is going to change that much. Nobody is going to help you anymore, if you are able, only you can make things better.

How, immigration? Yeah, because the Tories have really kept the numbers down with their empty promises every election. Their economic model of growth is reliant on population growth. That is a basic principle hence they've not done anything different to the numbers in 7 years.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton

If you don't get the hate, perhaps you should look into how some of their policies have directly affected the vulnerable in this country over the last 7 years. The disabled is a good starting point. If you still don't get it after doing so, then please do come back and let me know how you square it away because I've yet to see a Tory voter give any justification. Out of sight, out of mind seems to be the common mantra.

D

Deleted member 22389

How, immigration? Yeah, because the Tories have really kept the numbers down with their empty promises every election. Their economic model of growth is reliant on population growth. That is a basic principle hence they've not done anything different to the numbers in 7 years.

Not a lot the Tories can do when the EU insists on free movement, hence why I voted Leave. I feel there is a much better way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not a lot the Tories can do when the EU insists on free movement, hence why I voted Leave. I feel there is a much better way.

45% of our immigrants are non EU, and the numbers include students who are coming here to pay full whack fees, subsidising our universities, and boosting our economy.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

You don't get it because it's not about YOU or ME, is about those who are an unexpected bill away from a food bank. That's why there's Tory hate, while 1.2 million people suffer and have to beg for handouts to feed their family for 3 days, the Tories are focusing on repealing the hunting bill. I hope that helps.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah but you always have conveniently set aside the rest of our immigration numbers that have nothing to do with the EU. If that is the model post EU as that is what we've been able to control - then how on earth can you conclude it will change? How can you trust this government when they've promised on immigration before and not delivered.

D

Deleted member 22389

You don't get it because it's not about YOU or ME, is about those who are an unexpected bill away from a food bank. That's why there's Tory hate, while 1.2 million people suffer and have to beg for handouts to feed their family for 3 days, the Tories are focusing on repealing the hunting bill. I hope that helps.

Last year my wife lost her job, we where about a month away from not being able to pay the mortgage. My wife found something else. We are OK now. We have to cut back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's direct action against a very unpopular MP and I actually think it's working - people are genuinely finding it brilliant/hilarious and I think she has a fight on her hands in Hastings & Rye.

If she got elected, how can she be very unpopular? For sure, she's as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit to right minded people, but more people vote for her than anyone else around there.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I reckon we are seeing this 'Tory Hate' coming more to the surface amongst the Shouty Left on NSC, because there is no credible opposition in the country. In their hearts, they must realise that Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott etc. have f---ed up the Labour Party, well and good. These far left individuals only appeal to the far left in the country and thankfully there aren't enough of them around to gain power and instead of just f----ng up just the Labour Party, f---k up the country.
I shall be very interested to see what happens post election, assuming Labour fare very badly. Will Corbyn stay, will he get removed or resign or will there be an almighty breakaway of sensible and moderate Labour MP's?
In the meantime, 'The Shouties' will continue to rant and foam at the mouth and blame the Tories for everything that they possibly can, justified or not.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Last year my wife lost her job, we where about a month away from not being able to pay the mortgage. My wife found something else. We are OK now. We have to cut back.

I'm sure that's tough for you, but are you really making a comparison between being a month away from not being able to pay your mortgage to not being able to eat? If you haven't got enough held back to pay more than 1 month of mortgage payment then that is difficult but your debt is self incurred in a mission to buy a house. These are people that are in dire straits.

It's still missing the point though, a lot of people hate the tories because they systematically and knowingly see people in to poverty while feathering the nests of their bretheren and making sure that their mates can romp about the countryside in silly outfits drinking brandy.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I reckon we are seeing this 'Tory Hate' coming more to the surface amongst the Shouty Left on NSC, because there is no credible opposition in the country.

It's coming from people who have voted Tory most of their lives too. It isn't just the shouty left either, I think those political centrists, the ones who may have swung between a Blairite centrist Labour, and a softer coalition centrist Tory party don't know where to turn between a Labour too left and a Tory Party too right.

There are a lot of posts from people I've noticed who would normally back the Conservatives, but are worried they are being unchecked, that their values for voting Tory are not being represented.

You can be very partisan and just see it in black and white as red v blue, but the political landscape right now is much more complex. The fact is, the Tories have called this election because the last 2 elections haven't delivered the majority they want. What the country really needs to decide, is does it need to give them a greater majority, or are we better represented with a house voting with a more balanced set of political views. That is democracy.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If she got elected, how can she be very unpopular? For sure, she's as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit to right minded people, but more people vote for her than anyone else around there.

True, she won 44% of the popular vote last time. There is a growing disdain for her over the last 2 years though for things she's said and done and we'll see how that manifests itself next month. Where UKIP voters in 2015 go now will be interesting.

First things first though, we'll have to see what The CPS announce later on today on what she did-or-didn't do in 2015.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

This. Mirrors my views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here