Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May hopes to bring back fox hunting

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quite right. The only people affected by that will be small.business owners and employers etc etc. What the f*** did they ever do for us ?

.............apart from start businesses employing millions across the Uk.

So you are against higher earners paying more tax ? shurely it's fairer that high and ultra high earners pay more ? I suppose you heard of the increase in numbers and of wealth of the billionaires based in the country in the last year ? How is it fair that their incomes have surged despite the official austerity imposed on the basic services for social cohesion such as health, education and social care ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Really odd since public opinion (including rural areas) is against it by quite a margin.

Why waste parliamentary time on that ?

I'm fully expecting Brian May to be appearing on every Breakfast News programme for the next few weeks.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So you are against higher earners paying more tax ? shurely it's fairer that high and ultra high earners pay more ? I suppose you heard of the increase in numbers and of wealth of the billionaires based in the country in the last year ? How is it fair that their incomes have surged despite the official austerity imposed on the basic services for social cohesion such as health, education and social care ?

"It's not fair...it's not fair...it,s not fair"..FFS, you sound like a three year old.

Has it not dawned on you yet that the 'billionaires' have an army of accountants to mitigate their tax liabilities. The only people who would be seriously hurt by the £80k threshold would be the army of small business entrepeneurs who create jobs for millions of people. Great idea to totally piss them off and de-motivate them.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
lots of blue rinse ladies thinking rather nice lady to bitch in one sentence

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It wasn't spoken about on the one show this evening

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Quite. However, it will take Corbyn at least six months to develop and 'alternative to foxhunting policy' and by then he'll be the first leader of the labour party to not be an MP since Keir Hardie

Frankly I have no idea why she's doing this other than to pander to a minority in her government who support it (unless she supports it herself). Weak and foolish, but it won't harm her all the while the grinning clown prince of Islington is the opponent.

Not sure about it not doing her any harm hopefully it will be her downfall. She does support foxhunting and that says a lot about her.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Although I'm now an urban yoghurt knitting liberal I did grow up in the country and my family have never supported it.

Around the time I did a bit of research because I personally found it hypocritical that I could be anti killing the odd animal when I eat meat.

The fox is not an endangered animal after all.

What I was amazed about was not what happened to the fox but to the thousands of dogs that are bred then routinely destroyed very young for simply chasing the odd fox.

What triggered me was the stats given out by the supporters regarding the number of horses and dogs that would need to be destroyed. Hold on I thought ? What happens to them anyway - they can't be homed.

So I don't really waste much time thinking about the issue. Even the egg industry result in god knows how many very deaths of animals that have had the misfortune of being born male. And I love eggs.

But if you support fox hunting at least be honest about it. Every time you tell a story of how you've seen chickens destroyed explain to us what led to those chickens are there in the first place.

For every lamb taken, tell us about how many dogs were destroyed in order to keep the hunt going.

No agenda - just be honest and please don't use the excuse it's about the protection of other animals because it doesn't appear to be.

It's appears to me to be mainly a sport where even if the fox wins, thousands of other animals get put down when their "playing career" is over. Lets have a debate about that.

Last edited:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I wish we would leave the foxes alone and instead they should be allowed to hunt down illegal immigrants. Once we've got rid of them we could start on any EU immigrants that have been here for less than 5 years. Then lefties, palace fans etc. Such fun!

he he he

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I keep on finding more reasons not to vote for her. Will it be the Capital Punishment next?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I keep on finding more reasons not to vote for her. Will it be the Capital Punishment next?

In certain cases involving a tiny section of murderous crimes where there is absolute zero doubt, i would welcome a return.
I would volunteer for the job as well.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. If you vote Tory, you vote for cruelty and abuse of our wildlife. They WILL repeal the Hunting Act and if you vote for them, it will be YOUR fault. Make no mistake, if you are against hunting with dogs, you have to vote against the Tories or you will be responsible for bringing back one of the worst acts of violence and cruelty against animals that this country takes part in. Don't then try to tell other countries about their cruelties; don't tell Spain about bull-fighting; don't tell Korea about farming dogs and boiling them to death; in fact, don't tell anyone about any cruelty because you are the same as them.

Are you vegan mate?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Just wait until she decides they're not doing enough to persecute disabled people.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Full Conservative manifesto so far
1. Get a good deal by making the EU hate us
2. Safe pair of hands
3. Strong and stable
4. Fox hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here