Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Exactly. See you at Burnley away shall we?

Don't get me started on a pissing contest on dour Northern away games to try & prove your uber fandom. Burnley away in the PL sounds like heaven compared to shall we say, Oldham in L1? There are many others I could mention.
I like a bit of a giggle at an away day mate, so forgive me if we don't banter off over a pint in Burnley, although if home I could well be there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't like crowds, I get anxiety and I know this would rear it's head in a penned in area. I have the bladder of an infant hummingbird so being kettled in an area with no chance of finding a toilet would be unenjoyable. Plus, I'm not actually that keen on being in the PL and seeing as we made a dog's breakfast of our bid to win the cup, I see little that's worth 4 hours of noise and anxiety on a Sunday evening.
You gonand snjoy it for us all. I shall be paddling along the Adur in a kayak with all that nonsense far behind me.

A large proportion of the route isn't penned in. You could just stand at the side of the road anywhere between the Peace statue and the Palace pier, no rules or regulations.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think a lot of people are missing the point on one of the main reasons why people will be going. It's another chance to meet up with your Albion supporting mates, get in the pub, have a laugh, have a good old shindig at the parade, back in the pub after, happy days. What's not to like?
Some proper balloons on here putting it down, one in particular reminds of that character played by Harry Enfield. "Children in Need? They can stay in bloody need!"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A large proportion of the route isn't penned in. You could just stand at the side of the road anywhere between the Peace statue and the Palace pier, no rules or regulations.

I'm going to do this, I'm not bothered about getting to zone A early doors to watch the parade on a screen.

Your new avatar by the way, just an observation but ' dullard ' above a photo of CH just doesn't look right. :D

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think a lot of people are missing the point on one of the main reasons why people will be going. It's another chance to meet up with your Albion supporting mates, get in the pub, have a laugh, have a good old shindig at the parade, back in the pub after, happy days. What's not to like?
Some proper balloons on here putting it down, one in particular reminds of that character played by Harry Enfield. "Children in Need? They can stay in bloody need!"

As an aside were you the Smudge being shouted at by his mates at 4.30pm at Norwich looking for a pub up the long pub less street from the station. Good to put a face to a poster, if so.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm going to do this, I'm not bothered about getting to zone A early doors to watch the parade on a screen.

Your new avatar by the way, just an observation but ' dullard ' above a photo of CH just doesn't look right. :D

True, although Ernest may agree. I shall have to think of a new description.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As an aside were you the Smudge being shouted at by his mates at 4.30pm at Norwich looking for a pub up the long pub less street from the station. Good to put a face to a poster, if so.

Not guilty Sir. Been here bobbing around the Med' since March 22. Imagine my delight when I saw my schedule for this year.....not!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Guess your taking next year off then

'Fraid not....I shall be doing my usual 30+ games a season, travelling vast distances and spending a lot of money to support the club I love, which I have done for over 50 years. I take losing badly, I always have done. A bad Albion result and my weekend is ruined. I have celebrated most honours that this club have won ( missed the Charity Shield in 1910 and the 3rd Div title in 1958 ) All other titles/honours I have celebrated.
We have never won the second tier title and may never get another better chance. That we literally threw away that opportunity is what hurts me the most. To hear fans say that is doesn't matter about winning the title is dreadfully disappointing. Its all about being in the PL we hear. Its what drives certain Arsenal fans mad when sections of their support claim that the only aim is to make the top four. Its utter nonsense. Winning things is what counts. What would Jimmy White give for one World Title. What would Monty or Lee Westwood give for one Open. Its what you are judged on in years to come, by our grand-children and great grand-children, who will look at our history and see no trophy for 2016/17.
As a football club we won't win that much in our history. Trophies are to be cherished and celebrated and remembered. Thats why we can't afford to chuck them away. The opportunity won't come around that often. Promotion is a tremendous achievement and should be celebrated as such. It was. Long and hard, after the Wigan game. I raised a glass or two and had a great evening. Then it was over and onto the next target. The title. Sadly, not all thought that way and focus was lost.
My celebration and the players celebration of promotion has come and gone. The party has passed. Clearly there are many who feel that they want to recreate the mood of Wigan again but it is not possible. That was a glorious and spontaneous outpouring of joy and relief. We all joined in and I was drained by the end of it all. I simply can't raise myself to try and do it again. I probably would have done, if the trophy was being paraded. As it isn't, thats me done for this season.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yes, yes I can.

Those players have MORE than just "showed up" for the last 2 YEARS. After the devastation of how the previous season ended, for them to have come back, gone again, and won promotion by 8 points showed massive guts, character and sheer bloody force of will.

If some NIMRODS want to turn round and thumb their nose at the team because of the last 3 games, and make their little point, then they can poke it. I wouldn't want them there spoiling the day anyway. They'll soon come sloping back when the season kicks off and "all will be forgiven" no doubt.

I agree (even though I am a moany old *******) but...I can't see why we have to be at Hove Lawns two-and-a-half hours before the team. Could be a bit boring.

probably won't be boring for people who have friends

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
'Fraid not....I shall be doing my usual 30+ games a season, travelling vast distances and spending a lot of money to support the club I love, which I have done for over 50 years. I take losing badly, I always have done. A bad Albion result and my weekend is ruined. I have celebrated most honours that this club have won ( missed the Charity Shield in 1910 and the 3rd Div title in 1958 ) All other titles/honours I have celebrated.
We have never won the second tier title and may never get another better chance. That we literally threw away that opportunity is what hurts me the most. To hear fans say that is doesn't matter about winning the title is dreadfully disappointing. Its all about being in the PL we hear. Its what drives certain Arsenal fans mad when sections of their support claim that the only aim is to make the top four. Its utter nonsense. Winning things is what counts. What would Jimmy White give for one World Title. What would Monty or Lee Westwood give for one Open. Its what you are judged on in years to come, by our grand-children and great grand-children, who will look at our history and see no trophy for 2016/17.
As a football club we won't win that much in our history. Trophies are to be cherished and celebrated and remembered. Thats why we can't afford to chuck them away. The opportunity won't come around that often. Promotion is a tremendous achievement and should be celebrated as such. It was. Long and hard, after the Wigan game. I raised a glass or two and had a great evening. Then it was over and onto the next target. The title. Sadly, not all thought that way and focus was lost.
My celebration and the players celebration of promotion has come and gone. The party has passed. Clearly there are many who feel that they want to recreate the mood of Wigan again but it is not possible. That was a glorious and spontaneous outpouring of joy and relief. We all joined in and I was drained by the end of it all. I simply can't raise myself to try and do it again. I probably would have done, if the trophy was being paraded. As it isn't, thats me done for this season.

Those are exactly the sentiments I was describing in my earlier post, although you have expressed them in a stronger, more heartfelt way. As I read your post, I realise that I do feel stronger about our not winning the title than I first thought. I moved from "that's pretty disappointing" to "FFS".

Delighted we're going up, would definitely have snatched your hand off for 2nd back in August, but 7 clear with 3 to play? FFS.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was shaky this week but I have got a grip now. It fell a bit flat after the Wigan game and we did not really show up to win the league title, Norwich away with 2 freak goals was understandable, the title was lost at home to Bristol City, that was the cock up, Villa away a draw was a fair result, gutting as it was, Newcastle saw it out and after all they beat us home and away and had a better goal difference of 11. To get 89 points last season and even more so, 93 points this season is EXTRAORDINARY ! To come back from last season and do that and get promoted is beyond belief.

EVERY single player and management deserves the adulation tomorrow and unless it is not possible to be there for whatever reason, every single BHAFC fan should be there as if you are not, I think you will regret it.

This is the first time in 38 years we have had this promotion to the top flight. I was there in 1979 and I will be there tomorrow. Bring your colours, flags and embrace the moment.

These things are very very rare, who knows if you will see this again

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think perhaps you take this football lark a bit too seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here