Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
This may well be a Council event, but that doesn't mean councillors have to ride on the buses. Its not a frigging by-law, surely?

Are they really so puffed up with their own sense of self-importance and lacking in any basic awareness that they have completely missed the fact that their presence is and will be regarded as pathetic?

Gracious of them to permit the parade but utterly narcissistic to want to climb aboard and wave at the crowds. Do they realise it is the Club's day - not lickspittle little local politicians and bureaucrats? Honestly, I would be embarrassed to be on one of those buses unless I was either the driver or directly employed by club.

Shameless, but hardly surprising I guess.

Playing the devils advocate, I know of several local councillors who are season ticket holders, Anne and Ken Norman and Peter Atkinson among them

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Playing the devils advocate, I know of several local councillors who are season ticket holders, Anne and Ken Norman and Peter Atkinson among them

So, they're STH :shrug:

So are thousands of other people. (Not me, I hasten to add).

Jan 30, 2008
Wave a flag sing a song ,massaging ego's after blowing the last three games to , not for me better things to do thanks
regards
DR

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm going because I'd rather end the season on a high with a celebration rather than the low of Villa Park.

And also, as mentioned on another thread, it's an 'I was there' occasion. These kind of days don't come around too often - the next time could be years away. Are the rest of you really going to stay at home watching the telly or doing the gardening?

Exactly. What else is there to do on a Sunday evening, Countryfile ? We're so lucky here to have a fabulous town and seafront to enjoy, when you consider the majority of concrete suburban griefholes most of the country is made up of. And on Sunday, our Premier League team will be gracing it. So don the stripes one more time before the summer, get yourself down to the Lawns on a spring evening for some fresh sea air, and some beerage, celebrate with fellow fans, and toast the greatest BHAFC team in a generation.

(I'm not going if its raining though)

Putting my daughter to bed, rather than finally being able to get her involved in this season, that's what I'll be doing :shrug:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I have come out of a self imposed 3 month exile(three days in) to post :ohmy:
[MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] & I will be there - pissed as newts :drink:
If necessary we will take the next day off.
These days only come around a few times in a lifetime.
Too many on this board, who during the season are like flies on shit posting how good a fan they are - now making excuses not to go :moo:

A bit sanctimonious. :shrug:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No....won't be there.
Far too far to travel to watch some more flag waving nonsense. Open top bus parades should be for teams that win something and then the trophy can be paraded. Are Newcastle having one? I doubt it. I lost interest in this when the players decided that they had lost interest in winning the title. Lets all celebrate players, some of whom couldn't be arsed to put a shift in for the last 3-4 games ( and one was player of the season!!! )
It was a limp and anti-climactic end to the season and yet fans are expected to greet them like conquering heroes. No thanks.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have come out of a self imposed 3 month exile(three days in) to post :ohmy:
[MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] & I will be there - pissed as newts :drink:
If necessary we will take the next day off.
These days only come around a few times in a lifetime.
Too many on this board, who during the season are like flies on shit posting how good a fan they are - now making excuses not to go :moo:

Simple for me....win something....an honour....celebrate.
1979.....Didn't go....reason.....didn't win the title.
1983.....Didn't go....reason.....lost the Cup Final.
2017.....Won't go....reason.....didn't win the title.
Simple.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not winning the trophy will have a pretty big effect unfortunately , certainly with the people I have spoken too.

D

Deleted member 2719

Do we have any chance of moving the time, as this is heading for a poor turnout???

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe some of the stuff I have read on this and other related threads. Each to their own, no one is forcing anyone, but some of the negativity is astounding. I read one post saying 'It's not for the likes of us'! Well who is it for then? Palace fans?

In no particular order: It's the first promotion to the top flight for 38 years; being in the Premier League is a much bigger deal now than then; we have enjoyed a brilliant last few years, really from Gus and promotion from Lg One bar one poor season; it is reward for incredible effort, hard work and investment, near misses and perseverance from everyone from Bloom through Barber to Hughton and the players; we deserve a day out and celebration having missed out so often on a Wembley date; how bad can a day out on Brighton seafront watching the team be; missing out on the title was disappointing, but means nothing next to promotion in the big picture; we have been 92nd in League Two just 20 years ago, it's not a bad way to celebrate that anniversary; if the club, players and council can be bothered, why can't we; pictures of this may be seen by/shown to potential signings, a damp squib is not what's needed; this chance may never happen again in your lifetime.

To anyone undecided I'd say make the effort, not just for what we've enjoyed this season, but the last few, and show all involved that their efforts have been appreciated, and they have achieved an amazing thing for the city and Sussex.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mr and Mrs DiS have booked a weekend in Brighton. We were intending to do so anyway at some point, but this helped us decide the date.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
will we make 10k.

Could look piss poor on the tv coverage .

Worth going for a few drinks in the sun .

Regardless of the last 3 games the players deserve it.

D

Deleted member 2719

will we make 10k.

Could look piss poor on the tv coverage .

Worth going for a few drinks in the sun .

Regardless of the last 3 games the players deserve it.

I agree the players deserve it, but it would have been good to supersede our previous bus top tours, this is not looking good.

The timing of this is whats holding it back from being a potentially fantastic spectacle.

Come on bods move the time and quick!!

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
Simple for me....win something....an honour....celebrate.
1979.....Didn't go....reason.....didn't win the title.
1983.....Didn't go....reason.....lost the Cup Final.
2017.....Won't go....reason.....didn't win the title.
Simple.

How about achieving something? It's still an unbelievable achievement!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Wanted to if it was early afternoon but that late means we wouldn't get home until about 9/10 which is too late for the boy the night before school.

Would have been great but it's just difficult for us non locals with kids

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here