Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will be our biggest transfer fee paid out this Summer?

What will be our biggest transfer fee paid out this Summer?

• £0 - £2.49m

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • £2.5 - £5.0m

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • £5.1m - $7.5m

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • £7.6m - £10.0m

Votes: 105 33.3%
  • £10.1m - £15m

Votes: 139 44.1%
  • £15.1m - £20m

Votes: 25 7.9%
  • £20m+

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Actually De Roon would be a great signing, except he is Dutch.

Unless he plays in goal i would avoid with a huge swerve given our recent forays into the Netherlands market.

Edit: had to look him up and well,did Boro waste £12m? or was he value,i feel we have to be wary or what we spend..

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I reckon about 12. I think there's a narrow window for a young but very established and experienced youngster aged about 23 where we might spend 17 but it would have to be a really top drawer, young, world beater probably a forward.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A difficult question for all PL teams this summer not just the Albion if they are interested in signing EU players.
Given the uncertainty of EU players post Brexit does this mean that clubs are less keen given that in 2 years time the player has to be released on a free as a work permit will not be obtained or loaned out if on longer contract.
This will no doubt push up the already inflated prices for English players.
While we won't be shopping in Poundland we won't even be looking in the window at Harrods.

I'm going to go with £17.5m.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
£7m is my guess for an experienced striker. Then a few less expensive old heads.

£7m gets you a decent championship striker these days, figures next year will be more mind boggling than ever. Cannot see you spending less than £25m if you want to compete...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey, we're going to need to crank up the Forty Note Fund

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
£7m gets you a decent championship striker these days, figures next year will be more mind boggling than ever. Cannot see you spending less than £25m if you want to compete...

Will be double that...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm sure it will be, I was probably being conservative. Football is nuts, there's a lot of people making a lot of money out of our Sky subscriptions etc.....

How much for Hughes & Christie?

Could you do us a 'buy one get the other half price' deal?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There is absolutely no value in signing high end championship players.

Having said that Cairney could be a possibility if Fulham fail in the playoffs. Come on Reading !

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
No. His talent is undoubted but I've always got the impression of him being a Billy-B-B, I don't think he'd suit our dressing room.

That's a good point! Anyway Christie's a good shout also, contract is up at Derby, he's looked solid every time I've seen him play and apparently can play anywhere across the back four. Irish international too, so sure Duffy could have a word and help convince him!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How much for Hughes & Christie?

Could you do us a 'buy one get the other half price' deal?

Who knows with Hughes, I'd have thought double figures at least. Christie? Curates egg, can look classy, can look like he doesn't know how to defend! Couple of million?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
No. His talent is undoubted but I've always got the impression of him being a Billy-B-B, I don't think he'd suit our dressing room.

I think he's unfairly labelled tbh, he's an arrogant player but always comes across as a decent individual. I think our entire squad is up for grabs but it I was a betting man, he'd be the one we made money on.

That's a good point! Anyway Christie's a good shout also, contract is up at Derby, he's looked solid every time I've seen him play and apparently can play anywhere across the back four. Irish international too, so sure Duffy could have a word and help convince him!

No it isn't. Bizarrely, none of Derby's first team players' contract expires this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here