Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will be our biggest transfer fee paid out this Summer?

What will be our biggest transfer fee paid out this Summer?

• £0 - £2.49m

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • £2.5 - £5.0m

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • £5.1m - $7.5m

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • £7.6m - £10.0m

Votes: 105 33.3%
  • £10.1m - £15m

Votes: 139 44.1%
  • £15.1m - £20m

Votes: 25 7.9%
  • £20m+

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Probably 7.5 million for Sam Gallagher though he still has a year to run on his current contract at Saints would love to see us go after him .

'apparently' Cardiff are interested in him.

I agree though, he is a very good player. Shocked that a club like Southampton wouldn't keep him

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We need to send out a message this summer we are not just a money bags team getting promoted, I think we will break our transfer record but no more than about £7-9m.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We have probably just spent a big wad today securing Stephen but that will save an even bigger wad to replace him. We will need a number 1 striker IMO which will cost us upwards of 10M-12M.

Or as possibly a cheaper option I have been thinking maybe Chris Wood could fit the bill, wonder how much he would cost - could be priceless as well as Leeds would be lost without him next season.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Well seeing as we've almost always played it frugal. I think around 5mil.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If 3 ish was our biggest outlay to get here, don't see us going into orbit now - I'd punt for the 7-10 range

You're not really comparing like with like though. The price goes up just by virtue of us being in the PL. We'd have had to pay between 7 and 10 for a Stephens replacement, I reckon. Add another £5m when you're talking about strikers.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think we will go large on a couple of championship players, Jota and Cairney? A couple of loans Mooy and Abraham? Two experienced Premier players. Looking at an outlay of 30 million with another 10-15 as a January contingency.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£9.5m - Italian striker.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
How much will be our biggest transfer fee paid* before the transfer window SLAMS shut?

(* - yes it will undoubtedly be 'undisclosed' but there will be estimates out there)

What do you think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I waiting to see how much [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] says and then I'm copying that.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
People are forgetting some of the transfers last Summer in the PL. Unless we are absolutely lucky, we're going to have to pay as much as everyone else, and everyone else is paying a lot more than this poll suggests.
Given the reported money we were offering for Pritchard, and the increase in revenue this season, AND TBs ambition, I wouldn't be surprised If we hit around £20mill a couple of times. Don't forget Hull, who looked like they were going to sign nobody at one point, still paid at least £13mill for Mason and over £10mill for Snodgrass (among others), Burnley spent about £40mill in total, Boro closer to £50mill- both spending well over £10mill on at least one player.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I go for £10 million tops.
Mainly because that I/you get the feeling the club won't spend big because we have not got that much to spend.
I know there's this £ millions you get when promoted to PL, but some of that'll be to pay TB back?? or some will be kept for future investments.
As I'm not of the accounting fraternity, I'm only summising :thumbsup:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The Stephens signing made me do a little fist pump earlier, but in regards to what we may spend this summer I don't think we'll invest more than 10m in one player alone, but wouldn't be surprised if our total spend is around the 25m mark

It will be quite a bit more than that I suspect.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here