Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens signs 4 year contract

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can we recycle all the Stockdale songs for Stephens if Stockdale moves on?

Dale Stephens is magic, he doesn't wear a hat.
He used to play for Charlton, be he said NO Fck that
He saves them with his left hand, he saves them with his right....

hmmm. Maybe not!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Dale Stephens is magic, he doesn't wear a hat.
He used to play for Charlton, be he said NO Fck that
He saves them with his left hand, he saves them with his right....

hmmm. Maybe not!

Dale Stephens is magic, he doesn't wear a hat,
He tried to sign for Burnley, but Tony said fck that,
He tackles with his left foot, he passes with his right,
And now he's signed his contract, we'll sing this song all night.

Nah, still not.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Absolutely cracking news - and thanks to Dale for his attitude and loyalty. He's been a credit to the club this year - we all knew he wanted PL football (last Summer if he could have had anything to do with it), but he showed everyone how a true professional handles these situations.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Absolutely cracking news - and thanks to Dale for his attitude and loyalty. He's been a credit to the club this year - we all knew he wanted PL football (last Summer if he could have had anything to do with it), but he showed everyone how a true professional handles these situations.

Totally agree with this.

Marvellous news.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Possibly but the ballsy way that DS was dealt with smacked of the gambler's art. It could have gone horribly wrong, if he had sulked. Even had he been 90% of the player he was last season, he still would have played 30+ matches because of BK's injury, but, importantly, less effective. And we would have been moaning that he is off for FA when we could have got £6m or whatever a year ago.

The man management skill of TB, PB, CH, the bog cleaner, whoever, has to have been a factor

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not at all, because if Dale had gone it would have been after he continued to play for the club, which got us promoted. Bridcutt threw his toys out the pram. I hope he fails in the playoffs. No wait... :lol:

Fair enough,but we had a wee little strike (went missing) of sorts blasted the club on twitter and a few games through suspension & (for whatever reason) missed,topsy turvey time -maybe just a little..lets call it (well i will) spitting the dummy out :lolol:

Will see how that much of that 4 years contract is honored if we come straight back down again....

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Great start to the Summer and we can now forget Sunday. DS is the most important player in the team and would have cost a fortune to replace at anything like similar quality.

This. I haven't updated to end of season as away but I worked out the ppg with and without DS up to Leeds game, and it was phenomenal. I do know he didn't start in 5 of the 9 games we lost, which given that he started around 35 games at a guess, is an amazing stat in itself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here