Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens signs 4 year contract

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Too true. It emphasises how unprofessional Bridcutt and Buckley were in the same position.

Exactly this. Well done Dale, and Chris. I have a suspicion had Chris been manager at the time Bridders wouldn't have been going anywhere.

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
How much you reckon he's on? I'd go for £25-30k per week based on pure guess work.

£6m value of his contract if so. Worth every penny.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've seen some comments on here about people being over our Sunday disappointment by tea time etc. I'm a little more fragile than that. This, however, has proper cheered me up.

Can it really be true though, as I remember posters saying he'd definitely be leaving.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great news, in fact best news since we got promoted!

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Brilliant news I had thought he was off....until I heard him join in with the " Dale Stephens we want you to stay" song with Dunk and Knocky and all the Albion fans in Brighton after the Wigan game.

Fantastic news. We can now sing:

He's decided to stay,
He's decided to stay,
Dale Stephens,
He's decided to stay.
:ascarf:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How much you reckon he's on? I'd go for £25-30k per week based on pure guess work.

£6m value of his contract if so. Worth every penny.

Well given that I believe we now have 2 players on £40k plus p/w (Dunk & Knockaert), I imagine he's on at least that.

Fantastic news though. Emphasises how important it was that Bloom played hard ball with Burnley.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
get innnnnnnnnnnn
best news since ...............ermm two weeks ago

now all I want is Stockers to follow on

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Serious hard poker face playing by Uncle Tony last summer. This has cheered me up no end. :bowdown:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank goodness, we can afford to lose DS alot more than we can afford to lose Dale.
Are you high? How can we afford to lose Dale Stephens more than we can afford to lose Dale Stephens?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
great bit of early business. shows intent and gets the housekeeping sorted before the shopping season starts.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Well given that I believe we now have 2 players on £40k plus p/w (Dunk & Knockaert), I imagine he's on at least that.

Fantastic news though. Emphasises how important it was that Bloom played hard ball with Burnley.

I understand he had an offer from mid Prem team of @£35k a week in January window but I don't think he liked Tom Jones theme tune being sung........

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great news I was always hopeful that he will sign and at least if Dyche comes back in for him it will double his value and fee.
Double his value? If Dyche had come in for him this summer, we'd have got nothing, as he was out of contract - so you now think we'd get double nothing?

Also, he wouldn't have just signed a contract while still thinking of possibly going to Burnley. He's not going, get used to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here