Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we do better than (those utter tossers) Boro?

Will we do better that Middlesbrough in our first Premier League season?

• We will do better

Votes: 168 89.4%
  • There is no 'same' option

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • We will do worse

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
28 points on the board with...

Home v Southampton
Away at Liverpool

...to come.

Will we do better or worse?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That depends on whether the Albion can score more than 26 goals.

Obviously as it stands, not a snowballs chance.

Assuming PW can nail the biggest decision he and his team have to make this Summer, I'd like to think the Albion won't be that shite.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
We may go down next year.

But by god, we won't stink the PL out like Boro did.

I'm not sure even their own fans will be able to recall anything that happened this season in a few years' time.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Can we find 12 wins next season?
Can see Hughton being far more methodical next season and targeting certain games with certain objectives,if we can target 12 wins all will be fine.key to get any transfer business done early and the squad settled.

theboybilly

I think the biggest improvement in this season over last is that the Albion players have seemed to mastered the dark arts to get what they want. Last season I sat and watched teams like Boro, Burnley and Wednesday at times bully our lads especially the younger ones who could seem to pay them too much respect. 12 months later we have the experience to back up this team bonding and can mix it with some of the best. A few experienced heads coming in and I think we could be a surprise package in the top flight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I had a £10 bet with a United fan today that said we wouldn't get a point in our first 4 games..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think the biggest improvement in this season over last is that the Albion players have seemed to mastered the dark arts to get what they want. Last season I sat and watched teams like Boro, Burnley and Wednesday at times bully our lads especially the younger ones who could seem to pay them too much respect. 12 months later we have the experience to back up this team bonding and can mix it with some of the best. A few experienced heads coming in and I think we could be a surprise package in the top flight.

11 Sidwells should do it....

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think we have to believe that we will do better but as [MENTION=24507]Bodian[/MENTION] points out, we'll need some more Sidwell's (who was magnificent at Villa)

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Yes,we seemed a bit more physical this season,still a little concerned we may have coughed and farted on the big occasion (both toon games and Villa yesterday)
Have to target the 3 teams we hope to finish above next season,think we are more than capable of finishing above
Palace,Bournemouth,hull/Swansea,whoever comes up via play offs.

theboybilly

Yes,we seemed a bit more physical this season,still a little concerned we may have coughed and farted on the big occasion (both toon games and Villa yesterday)
Have to target the 3 teams we hope to finish above next season,think we are more than capable of finishing above
Palace,Bournemouth,hull/Swansea,whoever comes up via play offs.

It's going to be hard to finish above Palace as they've given themselves a 6 point head start

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Depends,i assume Chris will have an idea on what size of playing budget he needs to work with,i hope he gets it......just having a Gus flashback moment.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And give away 33 free kicks on the edge of the box instead of 3?

As long as the opposition's eleven leading players get put out of the game through injury in tackles that don't incur a booking, maybe it's a trade-off worth thinking about?

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
As long as we try and win games, that's all I can ask from the team. Boro haven't even looked liked trying since Christmas.
Just shows having a good defence will still get you relegated and goals are more important then ever!!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Would be good if we get Man U at the Amex in one of those games and achieved a draw or better! Should have gone for a bigger bet, make him/her sweat for a few months!
Think he's put the same bet on with other fans!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The current squad probably wouldn't achieve much better than Middlesbrough in the Premier League, but with a few shrewd signings and Baldock turning into our own Vardy who knows.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here