Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any confirmation of bus parade and times ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Are any of the two thirds of the Amex who didn't bother hanging around for the end of season lap of honour post-Bristol City daring to show their faces for this one?

List your excuses below please:

No but I did say my thanks at Villa Park on Sunday...

ok?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There's a sign by Preston Park saying that the seafront is going to be closed on Sunday between 2pm to 9pm.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm flying home for it, Villa and Bristol were always subject to disappointment, a party on the seafront is not rain or shine. Excited!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This. Can't be arsed with it.

Same. I guess it's not really aimed at the likes of us who celebrated promotion post-Wigan and have become increasingly dismayed ever since. Pretty sure the players couldn't be arsed with it either, straight off the back of a monster binge in Vegas, except that they're under strict orders to Take One For the Town. There will be huge numbers of ordinary non-Amex-attending folk who roll up to bask in a little bit of Premier League fairydust on the day. Fair enough. Huge numbers signed the petition to make the Amex possible. Everybody deserves a simple celebration.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So we have to wait until after the civic reception ?

Can't the council have their free lunch after the parade, not before ? ???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'll be honest, I don't think I'm going to bother. We celebrated at Wigan the promotion and IF we had of won the league I would certainly have been there but for second place, not for me Jeff.

Right now I am feeling exactly this. Think it will be a bit of an embarassment. But can still me waking up Sunday and getting the blue and white flags out anf trooping all the family over there nonetheless.

Very odd time to be starting it at, but I'll be there regardless. Its a booze-up, so what's not to like ? That team have just given us the best season EVER.

I wish they'd hurry up and confirm the route. Ideally, I'd LIKE it to come along the seafront from Brighton, and culminate at Hove Town Hall for a balcony-and-speeches jobbie a-la 2001. Can Trollope do a Freddy Mercury ?

I'm certain the route has already been confirmed, and it's Madeira Drive to Hove lawns.

So we have to wait until after the civic reception ?

Can't the council have their free lunch after the parade, not before ? ???

Ive assumed the late start time (which is ridiculous) is because they don't want Brighton seafront closed all Sunday afternoon, and everything was decided from that.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Surprised at the indifference toward this celebration.

Yes it was a bitter end but that shouldn't detract from what has been the best season in my lifetime at least, hope you all feel differently come Sunday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yes it was a bitter end but that shouldn't detract from what has been the best season in my lifetime at least, hope you all feel differently come Sunday.

I for one won't.

Every trip to Brighton for me is 3.5 hours in the car, and a load of effort. I've done it for every single home match this season, bar the Reading League Cup non-event. Had my celebrations after Wigan. Said my thanks to the players after their flat showing v Bristol City. Couldn't get tickets for all of us for Villa, so even did the 150 mile round trip to Brighton just to cheer a screen.

Was fully intending to do it again for the parade, even though it was a massive headache, as I have to be 70 miles in the opposite direction in the morning. But now, post Bristol City / Villa I honestly can't be bothered. Which granted, is a shame, but there it is.

If I lived in town I'd certainly enjoy a beer and get down there, mind.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Reckon the players will feel WAY more indifferent toward this celebration than anybody who turns up to support it. The players will turn up, reluctantly, because it's part of their official duties, but there's only so long you can celebrate something for, before it starts to get a bit crap. We're in that zone now.

Mind you, we've been banging on about that f*cking FA Cup Final ever since 1983, so maybe not.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Anybody else notice that a lot of these type of threads descend in to who's the bigger fan, how long they've supported the Albion etc ? Was a time you could just support them with out all the willy measuring stuff. I think it's gonna get a lot worse next year !

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
It almost seems as though we secured promotion too early! That immediate buzz from 17th April will have subsided a little and the disappointment of Sunday still hanging over a lot of people probably means the parade won't be anything like had we secured promotion on the final day. Don't get me wrong, it was great to have it in the bag early and I'll be there for the parade but I get the feeling with some, the parade celebration wont be quite so fresh and anticipated

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It almost seems as though we secured promotion too early! That immediate buzz from 17th April will have subsided a little and the disappointment of Sunday still hanging over a lot of people probably means the parade won't be anything like had we secured promotion on the final day. Don't get me wrong, it was great to have it in the bag early and I'll be there for the parade but I get the feeling with some, the parade celebration wont be quite so fresh and anticipated

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

We secured the title weeks before the end of the 2010-11 season and promptly got the flip-flops on for the rest of the season, even getting stuffed by Huddersfield at Withdean for the last ever game there. The parade after that was still fantastic though, culminating in Gus's "we're f*cking brilliant" crooning at Madeira. OK we were champions that time. But this is far, FAR bigger than that.

Get along there. Once the beers have been flowing on Sunday afternoon, everyone'll be well up for it. I know I will.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Just got the confirmation tweet that it's 5pm ! There are zones and limits on alcohol in certain areas. So commercial now. Thought these things were supposed to be kid friendly. Dear me. The times have change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here