Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers - our part in their downfall

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Duffy's own goals obviously, but also, our CAPITULATION at Forest, gifting them +3 for their goal difference

But then we also beat them 3/0.... beating Blackburn twice did them no favours either ..but then it's a light hearted thread..yes?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If we hadn't been so careless as to beat Birmingham then Zola wouldn't have been sacked and Brum would have probably gone down instead !

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Pinching their best defender at the start of the season, although with his record for own goals up there, we may have done them a favour

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Duffy's own goals obviously, but also, our CAPITULATION at Forest, gifting them +3 for their goal difference

I think the ref takes more credit than the Albion for that?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If anyone is still upset about the Championship title yesterday, needs to look in today's Metro at the photo of Elliott Bennett.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
If I were a Blackburn fan, I'd be pretty miffed about Huddersfield playing a second string 11 against Birmingham a couple of weeks ago.

I get that Wagner wanted to rest his players for the play-offs if it was against a mid-table outfit seeing out the fixture list.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If I were a Blackburn fan, I'd be pretty miffed about Huddersfield playing a second string 11 against Birmingham a couple of weeks ago.

I get that Wagner wanted to rest his players for the play-offs if it was against a mid-table outfit seeing out the fixture list.

Yeah. I think if anyone is directly culpable then it's Wagner's Huddersfield. He effectively threw a game. That's really not on and he should be made an example of.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It doesn't work like that (relegation hinging on one or two results). Two raisins don't make a curry; other ingredients are necessary. Still . . . . (no smoke without fire; the exception that proves the rule; etc) one can indulge a titter, and even a few of these:

snickers.jpeg

The season is not a sprint, its a:

marathon.jpg

Ok, OK, I'll get my

goat.jpg

Sorry, typo. Here we go.....

coat.jpg

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

The stupid thing about it is after coming under pressure from the FA Wagner played a near full strength team against Cardiff. Not that it did them any good. Surely in hindsight it would have made more sense to have played a strong team against Brum and then rested his key players against mid-table Cardiff the game before the start of the play offs. Maybe I should go into football management. Might apply for the Granada job at the end of their season:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here