Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Mullery on Talksport

yes heard it all this morning that players had let fans down and going into premier league on back of losing the title and on a downer will carry on into next season whereas Newcastle did the business heads down got on with it and won the trophy...couple of our fans rang it to put them right

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Andy Jacobs has just said he 'fears' for Brighton next season and followed it up by saying he has seen us twice this season... a rather poor return for a sports 'journalist' considering we have been on the box 16 (sixteen) times.

Best get used to everyone being a BHAFC expert I suppose.

We have been on the box 17 (seventeen) times this season. :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had to walk out the pub the yesterday Marshy, all the Arsenal/Spurs/Man U/Liverpool experts were all telling me how much we'll struggle next year.

You know the ones, never been to see their team play but have a Replica top so consider themselves experts.

What you need is a few photo copies of the outline of GB with no towns marked then ask the Man U and Liverpool fans to put an x for their ground you will be surprised at the different locations you get and how far out many are.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The players have badly let themselves down, but only themselves. This reflected glory thing is starting to grate on me massively now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
People getting mad at what people say on Talksport. Hate to break it to you but that is their MO. See Parry, Mike. Shock Jocks to get people to phone up.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Had to walk out the pub the yesterday Marshy, all the Arsenal/Spurs/Man U/Liverpool experts were all telling me how much we'll struggle next year.

You know the ones, never been to see their team play but have a Replica top so consider themselves experts.

Walking out the pub?...Now that's serious

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's nothing personal. Our current squad would get annihilated - lack of pace, too many veterans, many Championship quality players and a lack of squad depth. That's normal, the transfer window should change all that. Even Newcastle with more stars than us already are going to embark on transfer spree to more than just keep surviving.

As it stands today, a bookie would be an idiot NOT to make us one of the three favourites to go down.

Last Summer, they made Hull favourites to go down, closely followed by M'boro, Burnley, Watford, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Swansea and West Brom in no particular order.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I don't know how some of you will cope next season. I would think that most pundits and fans of other clubs will have us relegated before we kick a ball. But surely that works in our favour being underdogs. That's how we got promoted this season, a lot of other fans and a few managers had us down to bottle it. That was the problem as soon as we became firm favourites to win the title, we stumbled. I would rather start next season with everyone thinking we will go straight back down, all the more sweeter if we prove them wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
OUTRAGED over here.

Wonder what he makes of Peterborough's eleventh place in L1, then?

He's also sneering at NUFC fans for "celebrating being the 21st best club in the country".

All part of the wind-up to get mugs texting and calling in at premium rates, including scum from Norwood putting in their thick-as-sh*t comments.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't know how some of you will cope next season. I would think that most pundits and fans of other clubs will have us relegated before we kick a ball. But surely that works in our favour being underdogs. That's how we got promoted this season, a lot of other fans and a few managers had us down to bottle it. That was the problem as soon as we became firm favourites to win the title, we stumbled. I would rather start next season with everyone thinking we will go straight back down, all the more sweeter if we prove them wrong.

:thumbsup:

And to cut the embarrassing talk of when will we be considered a big club and how massive can the club get? Keep under the radar.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
:thumbsup:

And to cut the embarrassing talk of when will we be considered a big club and how massive can the club get? Keep under the radar.

Couldn't agree more, it will be a struggle to survive next season and we may not survive . I just hope that we stick with the manager, because if we do go down, he will surely get us back up. Burnley have stuck by their manager and they managed to go straight back up and have managed to stay up this season.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Who listens to Talkshit anyway? Well done Mullers for sticking up for the players tho.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Other than Mullers, I have no idea who anyone mentioned on this thread is! Guessing as it's talkshite that they are 'presenters' paid to get as many 'fans' phoning in and spending money and thus have to sound off and say very one sided or biased things. If they gave good journalistic points they'd get 10% of the income from texts and calls. How loads of the world doesn't get this and all turn off is beyond me as until that happens they'll continue baiting those who choose to tune in.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The day I start worrying about what is said by a certified ignoramus on a radio station that is a by-word for inept, and quite frankly embarrassing broadcasting is the day I wil quite happily shuffle of this mortal coil.

We listened to the second half of the Liverpool v Southampton match on the aforementioned radio station on the way home from Brum, yesterday, what utterly dire coverage of a game, I believe talksport is now owned by Murdoch of The Sun, a match made in hell, but, it justifies all my opinions of both organisations.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
life is full of 'ifs' and 'buts' , we have not been out of the top two since November, yes we lost stupid points against the likes of Preston and Brizzle City, still done brilliantly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here