Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision 2017 - The Sweepstake

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Spain the only ones on zero, and quite rightly as that song had absolutely nothing about it whatsoever.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Time for this nonsense to be confined to the 'past its sell by date' bin.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's award next year's contest to the country that can least afford to stage it...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Isn't it about time we stopped funding this nonsense?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's face it-the winning song is pretty shite.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Don't know how true this is since results are not out officially (so don't shoot the messenger) but bookmakers have connections at telecommunications companies around the world who tip them off on these things.

Apparently Portugal won last nights semi final, so maybe your bet isn't lost just yet. I don't follow gambling that closely but check prices before and after to see what bookmakers have done and that should give you a guide as to whether it might be true or not.

Does this count as having provided a winning Tip ? The info actually had come from a fairly well known International record company but obviously couldn't post that at the time.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would like to have it off with the French chick.

I thought the UK entrant did unexpectedly well tonight, but she would have definately got nil points if we did not have strong leadership and a strong and stable economy.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I would like to have it off with the French chick.

I thought the UK entrant did unexpectedly well tonight, but she would have definately got nil points if we did not have strong leadership and a strong and stable economy.

Cor, I'd like to KISS her!

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
initially posted a top 10 for us was possible but there were a lot of other acts which could have won it (Moldova, Bulgaria, Italy, Sweden), good result for us and what we deserved. The odds on Portugal were slashed after the semi final and there was a lot of talk about it on social media, but I still expected Italy to win. I was half cut last night but Italy's performance didn't seem that good. This is one of the downsides to going straight into the grand final, less chance to build up support and have an actual performance on the stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here