Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retained List

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How quickly do we announce this?

In the past, I'm sure it has been within a couple of days of the season ending, but with the Promotion Parade next weekend, do we wait until after that, as presumably no-one is vanishing off on holiday until after that, and it would be a shame to dampen anyone's enjoyment of that day by knowing they are already gone.

Can anyone remember when it came out after previous promotions?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pretty much everyone will have been offered a new deal ( except COG ) so even if they choose to go elsewhere I don't see any reason to delay any announcement until after the parade.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
A lot of clubs were releasing players before the final match this week, Norwich, etc. ???
I would expect a lot of work is still going on behind the scenes this week to get players tied-down to new contracts, and deciding who to let go, and I'm sure it will be announced next Monday.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

In the past, I'm sure it has been within a couple of days of the season ending, but with the Promotion Parade next weekend, do we wait until after that, as presumably no-one is vanishing off on holiday until after that, and it would be a shame to dampen anyone's enjoyment of that day by knowing they are already gone.

None of it will come as a shock to the players. talks will have been ongoing or at least indications. It is only us that don't know and I think many would see that parade as a chance to say good bye and thanks rather than it being dampened.

It would probably be the normal x y and COG leaving. 1, 2, 3 offered a new deal. None of that would mean 1,2,3 weren't leaving of course.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

In 2013, the retained list was announced on May 16, three days after the last game. In 2014 it was on May 14, again three days after the last game.

In 2015 the club actually announced it on April 24 (the last game wasn't until May 2).

Last season it was announced on May 20, four days after the last game.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In 2013, the retained list was announced on May 16, three days after the last game. In 2014 it was on May 14, again three days after the last game.

In 2015 the club actually announced it on April 24 (the last game wasn't until May 2).

Last season it was announced on May 20, four days after the last game.

Top info sir.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
At least it shouldn't be as painful as last year. Although I'm sure it was right it still hurts when I think of Bobby, Calde and Gordon all leaving at the same time. I'm really hoping but not necessarily expecting that Liam Rosenior will get one more year.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
At least it shouldn't be as painful as last year. Although I'm sure it was right it still hurts when I think of Bobby, Calde and Gordon all leaving at the same time. I'm really hoping but not necessarily expecting that Liam Rosenior will get one more year.
Rosenior is already contracted for next season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Now Vahid Hambo. Whatever will we do.

Interesting that all we've heard so far is development players going. Suggests they are having a clear out and only keeping players they really think might make it over the next few years. However, Hambo's injury record means it was unlikely he'd be kept on and Ward hardly set the world alight at Lincoln judging by the number of games he played.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As been said on other threads, think CH had used the last 3 games to see who can cut it. Expect a few to go to free up wage bill.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As been said on other threads, think CH had used the last 3 games to see who can cut it. Expect a few to go to free up wage bill.

Yes, I've seen that said on other threads too. I'm puzzled though: what do you suppose he thought he might see in the last three games that he hadn't had an opportunity to see in the previous 43 league games, n cup games, and hundreds of training sessions?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
After the great news about Stephens, we just need to find out now about :

Stockdale
Sidwell
Bong
Maenpaa
Ankers ( surely will stay, but not as part of 25 man squad ).
COG !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here