Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retained List

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's gone if we get an offer for him, or a loan deal.

Talking of which I saw a rumour today about Rohan Ince to Barnsley.

[tweet]865596958156746753[/tweet]

Would be a good move for Rohan if this is true. It gives him a fresh start, and at Championship level too. He wouldn't feature for us in the Premier League.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Would be a good move for Rohan if this is true. It gives him a fresh start, and at Championship level too. He wouldn't feature for us in the Premier League.
Only good enough for League 1. Must be true as the man who knows more than anyone else said so. Every time his name is mentioned.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He wasnt very good in The Championship so I would suggest his level is top Div 1. The story about him joining Barnsley is on Football Rumours but they are saying to Wolves. rather than Barnsley

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I would say Ince is good enough for the championship. Lets not forget how good he was. He absolute bossed things against Arsenal in the cup.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He wasnt very good in The Championship so I would suggest his level is top Div 1. The story about him joining Barnsley is on Football Rumours but they are saying to Wolves. rather than Barnsley

Apart from the fact he was decent for us in the Championship under Garcia, he showed a lot of potential but unfortunately has not progressed as quickly as we've moved up the table. He also doesn't fit into Hughton's 4-4-2 formation but that doesn't make him a bad player. Was also very good from what I remember for Fulham during a loan spell there despite injuries meaning he didn't play as much as he'd have liked.. I'm sure he's still more than capable of doing a good job for a mid table Championship side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only good enough for League 1. Must be true as the man who knows more than anyone else said so. Every time his name is mentioned.

Taking into account that Barnsly will probably struggle, as they usually do most seasons, he would perhaps be better off with a successful Div 1 side. The ideal team for him would be Portsmouth as it hurts to say it but I think they will do well next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forren was only on a short term contract to do a specific job so hardly any surprise. Ankergren has retired so would expect the next out to be Ince assuming Manu has gone and not just on loan.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Forren was only on a short term contract to do a specific job so hardly any surprise. Ankergren has retired so would expect the next out to be Ince assuming Manu has gone and not just on loan.

Has Ankergren officially announced his retirement then? I know we've offered him a coaching role but I've not seen anything saying he's hanging up the gloves.

Manu is back with us, and under contract for next season. His loan club sacked him for something he said on twitter about Feyenoord rather than focussing on his up coming match for Go Ahead. Pretty much rules out any chance of them signing him permanently. I wouldn't be surprised to see us come to some sort of mutual agreement before the close of the summer window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think CA has officially retired but we have only offered him a back room job so he is hardly likely to sign to play for another team and work for us unless perhaps local Div 2 (Crawley) or Non League.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Probably a journalistic error due to the similar spelling of the two clubs............................

Also, expect Wolves to be top half of Championship next season, certainly not div 1 (assuming you mean League 1).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Has Ankergren officially announced his retirement then? I know we've offered him a coaching role but I've not seen anything saying he's hanging up the gloves.

Manu is back with us, and under contract for next season. His loan club sacked him for something he said on twitter about Feyenoord rather than focussing on his up coming match for Go Ahead. Pretty much rules out any chance of them signing him permanently. I wouldn't be surprised to see us come to some sort of mutual agreement before the close of the summer window.

The club release says four contracts have been offered to players and Ankergren a coaching job. That says to me that Ankergren hasn't been offered a playing contract.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here