Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
heart_PNG691.png

I really hope one day we will see him and Calde take on a coaching role at the club, that would be amazing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Did anyone see Bruce joking with Bruno about both having matching head wounds whilst he was about to take a throw in. I don't think Bruno understood the joke but if anyone noticed it it was very funny.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Bruno and his team mates have changed our club for the foreseeable future, that's bigger then any trophy!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Bruno has a fans page on Facebook. This morning, this is what he wrote. What a man, what a captain, what a player.

I would like to share this with you , my wife is my number 1!!! (I got it straight after the game)
Dear Football
We had a deal. I would train hard, I'd even train in the howling wind and rain. I'd give up my weekends with my family as well as birthdays, weddings and more.
I'd eat brown rice every day before matches and keep an eye on what I ate to be able to keep playing at 36. I'd dream big and train hard for every match as if it was a final and I did it quietly, just as you told me to.
As I promised you, I have never given up and TODAY, here I am, tired and sad with a cut forehead and a broken dream: we deserved to be champions.
I only know one thing, that we had a deal and that I've fulfilled my part.
See you in the Premier League as we have unfinished business.
Regards
Bruno Saltor
Player of the Year, I always said it :)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
:)
You may have the slappable bonce and some hair on your chin, but I doubt it's a combination that could rival Bruno's swoon-inducing rohypnobeard.
It's a seacaptain's beard, it speaks of faraway places.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolute Class.

I inwardly laughed yesterday at those saying he might be too old. He was immense.

Seeing him shake hands with Aguero at the end, I thought of all the players who will be relishing every second of this season it will be him, and by crikey he deserves every second.

Chuffed to bits we had so many left in the ground to sing his name after the final whistle – pat on the back for our support yesterday, we've also stepped it up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolute Class.

I inwardly laughed yesterday at those saying he might be too old. He was immense.

Seeing him shake hands with Aguero at the end, I thought of all the players who will be relishing every second of this season it will be him, and by crikey he deserves every second.

Chuffed to bits we had so many left in the ground to sing his name after the final whistle – pat on the back for our support yesterday, we've also stepped it up.

I totally agree.

I thought everyone ran themselves into the ground trying to stop the multi million pound City Team but I got the impression that Bruno was the only Brighton player who thought, '' I am as good as any one of those players on the opposing side '' The other players will get that confidence in the coming weeks but Bruno has it already.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I totally agree.

I thought everyone ran themselves into the ground trying to stop the multi million pound City Team but I got the impression that Bruno was the only Brighton player who thought, '' I am as good as any one of those players on the opposing side '' The other players will get that confidence in the coming weeks but Bruno has it already.

Agree with this, Bruno has faced players of City's standards on many occasions, yesterday was just another game for him. Once the rest of the team settle down I think we'll be ok.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He was our best player yesterday, some of his tackles were brilliant. Has to be one one of our best ever players for his play AND his interaction with the fans.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Absolute Class.

That was me. I was one of those.
Clearly on yesterday's performance I was totally wrong.
It was not meant in a nasty way, Bruno is a legend, I just thought that he would get run ragged this season.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Bruno has a fans page on Facebook. This morning, this is what he wrote. What a man, what a captain, what a player.

I would like to share this with you , my wife is my number 1!!! (I got it straight after the game)
Dear Football
We had a deal. I would train hard, I'd even train in the howling wind and rain. I'd give up my weekends with my family as well as birthdays, weddings and more.
I'd eat brown rice every day before matches and keep an eye on what I ate to be able to keep playing at 36. I'd dream big and train hard for every match as if it was a final and I did it quietly, just as you told me to.
As I promised you, I have never given up and TODAY, here I am, tired and sad with a cut forehead and a broken dream: we deserved to be champions.
I only know one thing, that we had a deal and that I've fulfilled my part.
See you in the Premier League as we have unfinished business.
Regards
Bruno Saltor

He must be committed to football if he eats brown rice every day. That stuff is vile.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep I was one of the doubters who worried that he might be found out at this level.
Yesterday proved what a wrong-headed numpty I was for ever allowing a shred of doubt enter my mind regarding our beloved captain.

He belongs in the premier league, I will not doubt him again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was me. I was one of those.
Clearly on yesterday's performance I was totally wrong.
It was not meant in a nasty way, Bruno is a legend, I just thought that he would get run ragged this season.

I didn't mean that in any kind of disparaging way either, the guy turns 37 in October so not an illogical opinion, but you know, he's just one of those blokes you can see has looked after himself so well, his physical age is more like that of 32/33 . His calmness, experience and influence could seriously be worth far more than an extra yard of pace.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Yep I was one of the doubters who worried that he might be found out at this level.
Yesterday proved what a wrong-headed numpty I was for ever allowing a shred of doubt enter my mind regarding our beloved captain.

He belongs in the premier league, I will not doubt him again.

Plus one!

Such a relief to see he is up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
From where I was watching - behind my sofa in the north wing - I thought Bruno was our MoM against MCity. Wish he had 5 more years in him. Truly a class professional , though I couldn't cope with the brown rice!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Also concerned about his age prior to yesterday

View attachment 88185

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

This was my breakfast this morning too.

I thought he was poor against Newcastle & Huddersfield last season and thought that form would continue in the Premier League. He was arguably our best player yesterday (along with March & Ryan) and I was very very wrong.

It must be a 2nd or 3rd choice right back we are after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here