Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club shop

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
Dose anyone think that the club could make some more £££ if they brought the shop back into the city centre? Queens road, near Brighton station or even in Churchill Square?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well the Villa Shop on New Street has now shut, think the club believe it is not commercially viable

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dose anyone think that the club could make some more £££ if they brought the shop back into the city centre? Queens road, near Brighton station or even in Churchill Square?

No. Pop up shops as and when there is sufficient demand, eg Christmas, is the answer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The main problem would be the club shop isn't going to have many (any) tickets to sell.
So it'll just be an expensive lease to knock out overpriced jumpers and mittens.

I could see a potential benefit in a 'pop up' shop moving around Sussex, which I think they've tried before.
2 week rental on a busy high street, keep Gully busy, knock out some branded merch, then fook off quick to another town.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Some stock might be useful! And some stuff for young kids. They don't really do anything for under 6s.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it would seem like a good idea, but club isnt in the position of needing to advertise itself on the high street, and online purchases cater for people who cant get out to Falmer.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I could see a potential benefit in a 'pop up' shop moving around Sussex, which I think they've tried before.
2 week rental on a busy high street, keep Gully busy, knock out some branded merch, then fook off quick to another town.

2012-05-23_AUTOBUS_FCBOTIGA_029.v1337783293.jpg

This type of thing?

Bright and hove bus's could convert one of their bendy buses and do yet another (Seagulls) paint job..

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
During season: Football shirts, kids full kits, name printing and match magazines. Maybe a few tickets that are made available via the ticket exchange on match days.

Out of season: 2-4XL football shirts, half price socks and the odd quiz book or coffee mug.

How did TB & PB miss this golden ££ oppurtunity?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
They usually have a little area in Churchill Square at Christmas selling the most popular stuff. I did like the Queens Road shop and yes it was mainly sale stuff out of season.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Personally I used the town centre store quite a bit. I don't go to the club shop on match day as it's too busy and I'm there to enjoy the match experience not go shopping. I don't tend to buy clothes online as i want to try them on to see whether they fit. Plus you can't judge quality and quite a bit of what they sell isn't great.

So as a straw pole of one, I used to buy things when there was a shop in town, now there isn't a shop in town I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
:shrug:In the mid nineties there was a Man U club shop in the town centre

......of Bedford :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Seriously though, I'd be well up for buying some Albion TRINKETS if they had some. But there was more available in the Gillingham days. All I want at the moment is a black away shirt (which has been out of stock for months) and a club crest car sticker (which have been out of stock for over a year).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here