French Election - Hope wins over hate

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fillion was the best bet

did what any of us would have done,kept the family

lots of experience,would have steadied the ship

but the french prefer someone who shagged his teacher :lol:
Yeah he's like a mummy's boy who needs mothering a lot lol.....this will get messy :)

D

Deleted member 22389

I think the title should read political correctness wins over common sense.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Good news but not a time to be resting on laurels. The far right ain't going anywhere soon.
Typically classless reaction from Farage and Leave.eu I see.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Good to see Putin's candidate get tonked.

The tide is turning and heads will be rolling in the GRU.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Oxymoron. Far Right and civilisation. Looney.

In economic terms France have voted in a far right leader, ex-Rothschild multi millionaire banker Macron will be Thatcherite leader prepared to take the axe to civil service jobs and funding.

Le Pen on the other hand was protectionist..........so yes across the channel civilisation will be ending shortly.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think the title should read political correctness wins over common sense.

I learnt a long time ago that common sense is different things to different people. This illustrates it starkly!!!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yeap much to Farage's disappointment the rot has stopped In Europe, German election next, don't expect any surprises there.

We're looking more and more like billy no mates in Europe, but we have got Trump he likes us doesn't he? Just as long as we had over the NHS to US Corporation, agree to import hormone beef etc, etc

France have voted in a President that has no political party, if the the Assembly elections follow first round voting sentiment then Macron will be faced with an anti EU assembly.

Macron is the last throw of the pro EU dice, he needs to succeed in France but there's the rub. His view of success would look like TTIP which would have privatised the NHS. France is currently being governed in a state of emergency, so its desperate times, so Macron will fail as sure as the EU will fail.

Enjoy today because tomorrow it ends.

D

Deleted member 22389

I learnt a long time ago that common sense is different things to different people. This illustrates it starkly!!!

So protecting your borders is not common sense then, protecting the security, safety and culture of your country first, but also looking forward protecting the jobs you already have and what you can offer in the future because from where I am sitting the sheer numbers of people arriving all over Europe now, and the advance of robotics will only result in less jobs for everyone. The French have voted for exactly the same again, nothing will change mark my words.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yeap much to Farage's disappointment the rot has stopped In Europe, German election next, don't expect any surprises there.

We're looking more and more like billy no mates in Europe, but we have got Trump he likes us doesn't he? Just as long as we had over the NHS to US Corporation, agree to import hormone beef etc, etc

I would disagree that 'the rot' has stopped in Europe. Wilders didn't win in Holland but increased his parties share of the vote and is the second largest party. Le Pen may not have won but she received 34.5% of support from the voting electorate. It is too early to say whether populism has peaked or not, these results tend to suggest not. Countries traditionally in the heart of the EU are riven by division every bit as great as that seen here in the UK. Worrying times for all who hold a more moderate political bent.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
6,000 asylum seekers arrived in Italy over the weekend. They have nowhere to go, no jobs, no money, no food. That's just the start, the people keep coming and the EU is doing **** all to stop it. They just don't tell anyone the news anymore so it looks like the problem has gone away. We are not Billy no mates, we have made the right decision.

Spot on, the can has just been kicked further down the road again.

Make no mistake, trouble is afoot and will eventually impact upon many of the Wests inhabitants, we will have to eventually sort it out like it or not!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Why don't you give us a detailed reason why it is so beneficial for us to be ruled by Brussels (Merkel/Germany).

Interesting that, during this period of direct rule by Brussels: Blair was able take us into a disastrous war and Brown/Cameron managed to destroy public finances/services (delete as applicable).

Admittedly a lot of legislation has come from the European Parliament (of which we are a voting member) in areas like basic minimum levels of employment rights and the environment, safety standards etc. but these still gave our government plenty of scope to grow the zero-hours contract economy. I am not sure that working class Brexit voters were looking for even less employment security from the decision. However if they were looking for an increase in well paid, secure employment then they should have looked more carefully at the people financing and supporting the Leave vote.

Have you got any examples of major areas of legislation in which Brussels has subverted the democratic will of the British people? I don't think bananas and under-powered vacuum cleaners really count.

D

Deleted member 22389

Spot on, the can has just been kicked further down the road again.

Make no mistake, trouble is afoot and will eventually impact upon many of the Wests inhabitants, we will have to eventually sort it out like it or not!

Exactly right. Macron also said that French culture does not exist, it's in a few articles that I have read, tells you everything we need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Still calling all Brexiteers racist, I see. You are Paul Mason and I claim my £5.

An interesting post. You reveal that you think all FN voters are racist.

I disagree with you. Some will be racists. And some xenophobes. Some are simply taken in by fake news and endless propaganda and some are victims of an uncaring system. Some feel marginalised and some may well have voted the way they did as a result of carefully considering the democratic deficits in European institutions, or the corruption of the worlds we live in. Some just can't stand the supine politicians and dodgy chancers who rule our lives. And some are simply ignorant. There is a whole heap of reasons, similar to those that applied here. Which is all I said.

The "oooh, he's calling us racists" is entirely your own invention. I never have and I never will. But if it makes you happy...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Not really. There's no immediate threat to our way of life that isn't being protected by the Armed Forces, police and government agencies. I also don't think that many people believe that the situation is so dire that they need to form their own militia. They should all be applauded for how they are protecting us and letting us go about our lives with little worry about our safety. Our indefatigability in this respect is precisely why the terrorists will never win. They don't stand a chance against the famous Gallic shrug or the British belief that all things can be made better with a cup of tea.

Well this is where we begin to differ in perspective. To me they are not terrorists seeking to create terror, they are jihadists seeking conquest, they are playing a numbers game by breeding immigration and culling and they have the upper hand on all three..

Now you may see your self insulated by things like wealth, property, technology, kinship and the rule of law, quite reasonable imo opinion as you mentioned the last one in your post. What you fail to understand any conqueror will seek to strip all that away from you by definition.

When Rome fell, the military disintergrated as members sought to protect their families and consequently the capital was sack by invaders.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
One element.

Muslims will nearly double their numbers in Europe – to more than 10% – by 2050 - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/02/muslim-population-growth-christians-religion-pew

Considering the current issues we face and the lack of progress re integration how do you see this panning out?

I'd be more worried about the effects of global warming on global migration by 2050. Something that this current wave of nationalism seems to want to sweep well under the carpet.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'd be more worried about the effects of global warming on global migration by 2050. Something that this current wave of nationalism seems to want to sweep well under the carpet.

Interesting point. I haven't seen any information on this so just googled it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23899195 :shrug:

On the broader point, I think it depends on how well Europe does economically. More prosperous times may offset/suppress likely growing cultural tensions but when the wheels eventually fall off I think it will end badly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here