Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French Election - Hope wins over hate

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think UKIP voters, or at least fans of Farage, should take note of his admiration for Le Pen. She stood on a very traditional French, big-state, left-wing agenda that was overtly against Anglo-Saxon culture, not the typical fellow-traveller that UKIP associates with. If she had won then there is no way in the world that France would look to strengthen the Entente Cordiale despite her wish to see France out of the EU, her election would have been bad news for the UK. Farage knows this but despite that he still carries a flame for her and I rather suspect that it's because they share similar views on racial identity in Europe.

And if Farage is rooting for her despite it being bad news for British trade and influence then you have to wonder despite his protestations what he truly regards as most important - British interests or race?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think UKIP voters, or at least fans of Farage, should take note of his admiration for Le Pen. She stood on a very traditional French, big-state, left-wing agenda that was overtly against Anglo-Saxon culture. If she had won then there is no way in the world that France would look to strengthen the Entente Cordiale despite her wish to see France out of the EU, her election would have been bad news for the UK. Farage knows this but despite that he still carries a flame for her and I rather suspect that it's because they share similar views on racial identity in Europe.

And if Farage is rooting for her despite it being bad news for British trade and influence then you have to wonder despite his protestations what he truly regards as most important - British interests or race?

Farage loves .... Farage.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Macron wins

The sort of moderate, yet progressive leader we can only dream of in this country

Relax labour laws, cut business taxes, cut public spending, shrink public sector, 'reform' unemployment system = moderate/progressive then?

Stick a blue rosette on him and you would be singing a different tune no doubt.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeap much to Farage's disappointment the rot has stopped In Europe, German election next, don't expect any surprises there.

We're looking more and more like billy no mates in Europe, but we have got Trump he likes us doesn't he? Just as long as we had over the NHS to US Corporation, agree to import hormone beef etc, etc

6,000 asylum seekers arrived in Italy over the weekend. They have nowhere to go, no jobs, no money, no food. That's just the start, the people keep coming and the EU is doing **** all to stop it. They just don't tell anyone the news anymore so it looks like the problem has gone away. We are not Billy no mates, we have made the right decision.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Although I like PJW I rarely watch him. When you are talking collapsing civilisations ts more likely to be Stefan Molyneux. Or maybe you shold read the rise and fall of the roman empire for clues.

You see I dont see a far rhgt gov being elected, thats not how it works. Let me give you an example. I think I would have to be insane to vote for the BNP. I also think that I would be reasonable to take up arms to defend my friends and family from enemies both domestic and foriegn. Does that make sense?.

Not really. There's no immediate threat to our way of life that isn't being protected by the Armed Forces, police and government agencies. I also don't think that many people believe that the situation is so dire that they need to form their own militia. They should all be applauded for how they are protecting us and letting us go about our lives with little worry about our safety. Our indefatigability in this respect is precisely why the terrorists will never win. They don't stand a chance against the famous Gallic shrug or the British belief that all things can be made better with a cup of tea.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Relax labour laws, cut business taxes, cut public spending, shrink public sector, 'reform' unemployment system = moderate/progressive then?

Stick a blue rosette on him and you would be singing a different tune no doubt.

France does need to reform, pretty much all the above you mention need attention.

He is pretty economically conservative but socially more Liberal

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It is good news she didn't win. Although the EU is crumbling under the self interest of those who hold it together a Soviet Union style collapse is in no-one's interests. What would remain is the right wing surge of nationalism cruising at some speed. At least this puts some breaks on. But Europe has to get its act together and reform.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
France does need to reform, pretty much all the above you mention need attention.

He is pretty economically conservative but socially more Liberal

Agree France does need reform it will be interesting to see if he can deliver on his promises considering the numerous entrenched vested interests.

D

Deleted member 22389

It is good news she didn't win. Although the EU is crumbling under the self interest of those who hold it together a Soviet Union style collapse is in no-one's interests. What would remain is the right wing surge of nationalism cruising at some speed. At least this puts some breaks on. But Europe has to get its act together and reform.

The EU will never reform. They don't want to reform, it means they are losing control.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Hope wins over Hate. What a bollocks strap line. Stupid in the extreme. Brexiteers do not hate but love self control, self determination.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yeap much to Farage's disappointment the rot has stopped In Europe, German election next, don't expect any surprises there.

We're looking more and more like billy no mates in Europe, but we have got Trump he likes us doesn't he? Just as long as we had over the NHS to US Corporation, agree to import hormone beef etc, etc

Trump might have said he likes us but having looked at the reality he now seems to be saying that he regards a new trade deal with the EU as a greater priority for his country than one with the U.K. Our new best friend is actually, um...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The rise of nationalism is about a lot more than just the EU, its just in our country many would like to think all the countries ills are the fault of the EU. With another Tory government about to be elected we will soon be reminded its a lot more complicated than that.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Trump might have said he likes us but having looked at the reality he now seems to be saying that he regards a new trade deal with the EU as a greater priority for his country than one with the U.K. Our new best friend is actually, um...

Theresa May's arse.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
35% of French voters chose a NATIONAL FRONT candidate. :nono:
This is EXACTLY the siding fact that should dominate the party election discussion. France and the EU is in trouble and anyone thinking that this result is a sign of stability is sadly mistaken.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here