Page 5 of 203 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    He needs the extra money to pay for all the gloves he has given away, he must have kitted out the whole of the NS this season!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Sounds like his goodbye at his last game at the Cottage. Perhaps he's on his way back?

1 Not allowed!
      It'll be a disaster for this club if stockdale goes, we need to keep him more than any other player.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GooGull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Didn't he through his gloves into the crowd after every game. How come he was even here for this one?

Pity he didn't throw his gloves at that shot. They would have made a better effort at stopping it than he did.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ExmouthExile View Post
      It'll be a disaster for this club if stockdale goes, we need to keep him more than any other player.

Why?
      Good goalkeeper but will never be a top one. Prone to lapses of concentration. Other options out there. Not unhappy to see him go.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munchkin View Post
      If Chelsea offer to triple his wages then good luck to him, professional football is a short career make the most of it.

Flip side, a real lack of ambition and waste of a talented keeper and goodbye any outside chances of an England call up.

Yeah....at 34-35 years of age, there is nothing else that footballers ( with a lot of money in the bank ) can do. Many people change careers and re-invent themselves more than once but apparently footballers are exempt from this, totally incapable of achieving anything else in life.

1 Not allowed!
      No surprise, we can't offer anything near what Chelsea can and to be fair I would go to Chelsea and fight for a spot in their first team for enough money to retire on.
      I would say thank you to Brighton for giving me the opportunity to show my worth and helping to get them promotion, make my goodbyes and leave.
      Next step in a short career.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
      Yeah....at 34-35 years of age, there is nothing else that footballers ( with a lot of money in the bank ) can do. Many people change careers and re-invent themselves more than once but apparently footballers are exempt from this, totally incapable of achieving anything else in life.
      They can usually afford not to have to.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

1 Not allowed!
      Right, to start with I have to say that if DS stays then that is fine with me, he has been a model pro, thank you David.

For those saying it is vital that he stays? Pffffffff.......as good as he has undoubtedly been, he has 3 or 4 howlers per season in him as shown yesterday. A top quality keeper has one, for rarity value alone, if we need to recruit a new keeper so be it.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'd like Stockdale to stay, good keeper and despite his error yesterday he made some good saves before that.

However I don't think I'm being arrogant to say if he genuinely wants to go and sit on Chelsea's bench for double the money then we can do better.

He won't be part of something he is here, an integral part of a group of players who seem to have an amazing togetherness and having a sense of achievement.