Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The people that are throwing the abuse at him are absolute morons. DS knows they exist in every fan base so I guess he must have expected that kind of response from a few people. Sometimes responses to various social media posts is caused by unfortunate wording or bad timing. Doesn't excuse the idiotic abuse he has gotten though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So, because he plays for Brighton, and he supports Leeds then his 5 year old son get a Leeds top for his birthday, he can't show this off, pathetic if you think that's a bit daft. It's the fans who react are a bit daft or a bit pathetic in my opinion.

But he doesn't have to post anything. Especially while its the summer, and he is in contract negotiations he knows what he is doing to get a reaction.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Come on Dave..... re-sign buddy :)

Not going to happen. We've offered 2 years, and he wants 4. I don't think either side have moved since then, as both think they can find something better. In our case, I think we probably can, but it does seem like a wasted opportunity for him, especially if it means he heads home to Leeds.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Apparently, completely unbelievable isn't it - it's his son for goodness sake... and to be honest I wouldn't bat an eyelid if David Stockdale himself was pictured wearing a Leeds shirt either, it being the club he actually supports.

I couldn't agree more. Stockdale comes from Leeds, grew up supporting Leeds, and that's where the majority of his family live. It's hardly surprising that his son might grow up to support the team to which most of his relatives are affiliated, rather than the team for which his Dad happened to play for three seasons.
As far as I can see, his tweet showing his son in a Leeds shirt, was not in any way provocative or controversial. All the responses from outraged Brighton 'fans' however, seem (understandably) to have upset Stockdale somewhat, which is probably unhelpful at a time when he's still considering his contract. And if he decides not to re-sign for Brighton, all it does is leave him with a slightly sour taste in his mouth at the end of a great season, which would be a shame.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it’s become rather tiresome.

Posting a pic of his son in a Leeds shirt is no big deal, they’re from the area etc. But he knows EXACTLY what the reaction is going to be from some of the trolls, so why bother ? Unless he’s up for a fight on there, which he most certainly is, as I know myself from his toys-out-the-pram response to a fairly innocuous reply from me. Much like Piers Morgan, maybe he's just spoiling for a bit of an online spat for the extra attention, maybe to pass the time. More irritating is the fact that he’s spent the last few weeks somewhat cryptically liking and retweeting stuff that speculates about his future away from the club, it just comes across as him playing a little game with everyone. Maybe he titters when he likes another tweet linking him with such-and-such, then goes back to his phone with barely suppressed excitement to check and see the latest “storm” he’s whipped up. I dunno. Its an odd way to get your kicks.

Fine, but then don’t get all high and mighty when some fans get p1ssed off about it and start giving stick. He might just be a player passing through BHAFC, I don’t expect him to be a fan of every club he plays with any more than any other player. But when he’s stalling on a contract, then publically making it known that he’s enjoying being linked with moves, then he’s surrendered the right to be offended when (some) fans have a bit of a pop. I don’t mean outright abuse, there’s never an excuse for that. But how can he expect anything other than a negative reaction when he’s openly fuelling all the speculation on his departure ?

He just comes across as a bit of a dick, frankly. Which is disappointing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not going to happen. We've offered 2 years, and he wants 4. I don't think either side have moved since then, as both think they can find something better. In our case, I think we probably can, but it does seem like a wasted opportunity for him, especially if it means he heads home to Leeds.

Its a strange one... I would have thought 2 years is about right, especially with at least one seaon in the Premier League, too fight that hard for it over the 2 seasons he has been with us and then turn it down is a shame.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Posting a pic of his son in a Leeds shirt is no big deal, they’re from the area etc. But he knows EXACTLY what the reaction is going to be from some of the trolls, so why bother ? Unless he’s up for a fight on there, which he most certainly is, as I know myself from his toys-out-the-pram response to a fairly innocuous reply from me. Much like Piers Morgan, maybe he's just spoiling for a bit of an online spat for the extra attention, maybe to pass the time. More irritating is the fact that he’s spent the last few weeks somewhat cryptically liking and retweeting stuff that speculates about his future away from the club, it just comes across as him playing a little game with everyone. Maybe he titters when he likes another tweet linking him with such-and-such, then goes back to his phone with barely suppressed excitement to check and see the latest “storm” he’s whipped up. I dunno. Its an odd way to get your kicks.

Fine, but then don’t get all high and mighty when some fans get p1ssed off about it and start giving stick. He might just be a player passing through BHAFC, I don’t expect him to be a fan of every club he plays with any more than any other player. But when he’s stalling on a contract, then publically making it known that he’s enjoying being linked with moves, then he’s surrendered the right to be offended when (some) fans have a bit of a pop. I don’t mean outright abuse, there’s never an excuse for that. But how can he expect anything other than a negative reaction when he’s openly fuelling all the speculation on his departure ?

This all day long

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

If these facts are true then I agree with clubs stance.
4 year contract for anyone who is 32 in Sept..no way.

Spot on.

He has essentially poked the wasps nest that it twatter with a stick.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Spot on, and the reason I hardly even bother checking this thread or his twitter feed. I can't be arsed with the faux outrage and childish games. I'll just wait and see if he signs, but regardless it has shown up a very tiresome side to his character. He really should try and act like a grown up.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Stalling on a contract is harsh. He doesn't have to accept anything put in front of him and if he is just passing through he's got every right to wait for an opportunity that he believes is best for his family, if we want to have him sign for us now we have to put in a big enough offer for him.

His twitter antics are a bit lame but people need to realise they shouldn't post their bullshit selfish opinions without some blowback when the person they are directed at, sometimes aggressively, takes offence.

The retweeting and liking of posts about his future should be ignored but people won't because people are idiots.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If these facts are true then I agree with clubs stance.
4 year contract for anyone who is 32 in Sept..no way.

It's what I heard from someone pretty well placed. I think the club also has a bit of an issue with the weight he carries, and he objects to that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The retweeting and liking of posts about his future should be ignored but people won't because people are idiots.

Yes, people are idiots, but honestly, how long do you have to be on Twitter before you realise that there are plenty of idiots on there? For me, he's been there long enough to know the reaction his posts, retweets and likes will get, so the react to the inevitable responses he receives all just feels a bit daft on his part.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here