Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Football moves on, players come and go. I'd like him to stay but not at any price.

I've been disappointed before when players have moved on (#Imissedkemy), and it will happen again.

Que sera sera.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Maybe he's going there on a covert mission to ensure they finish bottom next season, before rejoining us to assist with our European push the season after?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't say he would be worried. Just feel he is letting himself down a tad.

As he wonders around Leeds (in any place, but Sussex) Ferrari and Ranger Rover dealerships, before booking that next holiday at a 6* hotel in Dubai, I'm pretty sure that confident Stockdale won't feel he is letting anyone down.

It's just his trade. He was in Sussex for a snippet of his life, served out his contract and helped us get promotion. Job done. Ambitious, he probably sees any of the London clubs and of course hometown Leeds as a step up, and potentially they will make him even richer.

Any annoyance should be directed at the club for not awarding him a better, longer contract say 18 months ago. But that would be unfair as the club were already losing £10m's a year, with the PL just an aspiration and so a financial balance had to be met.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He's a plonker on twitter

A lot of our players (and it must be true of most teams) are plonkers outside of their day job. For example I didn't really like some of what I saw and heard during the seafront parade ... it's SO much better to watch players perform in the stripes rather than follow their antics off the field.

There are exceptions - Rosenior being the prime example. Clever, intelligent, thoughtful guy and the only one I bother to follow on Twitter.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He can't be going to Palace as their fans have constantly told us that none of our players are good enough to get into their squad.
I must admit that although their fans appear to hate Hennessey, I have never considered Stockdale to be any improvement on Hennessy.

Hard to disagree with any of this .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not one of my favourite players. Except he began to be after the penalty save vs Wednesday, Up to that time, I thought Darlow (Toon) was the better keeper. And Kuszczak .

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area

Having no inside information ,i just think he wants a better offer from us,maybe not financial ,but in contract length.As soon as he signs for us ,he again is worth money ,in the transfer market.OK he will get a signing on fee. With get out clauses,that still gives him options,if we get relegated,we get a fee.We need 3 keepers,Ryan on loan will allow Walton to go on loan,and maybe cover Stockdales departure in the future..........So why not !

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While I think Stockdale is off I can't see how Palace are in the frame as they are still to recruit a manager. I'm not saying it won't happen but not until Palace have sorted out the backroom staff.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
he''s joining a convent ?

Jesus saves, and so does he, I suppose

Anyway - if he goes, he goes. It's grey in Leeds, it's cold in Leeds, and Leeds will always think Leeds is the finest town in Yorkshire, and the world, ever.

I actually have a lot of faith in the powers that be at the club. None of them are stupid - and I think we'll get to the start of the season feeling satisfied we've done some good business and picked up whoever Newcastle have missed signing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here