Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
That's just silly, my Nan gave up football years ago to concentrate on rugby
What a waste of talent. Next you'll be saying is she's taking up crown green bowls!

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
My Nan would have played a better pass to Baldock when one of one with the keeper and it wouldn't have mattered if your Nan could have saved all 10 shots in the match

My Nan could too. I don't recall any saves in the match other than ones that were pretty standard tbh, but let's all celebrate those

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
My Nan could too. I don't recall any saves in the match other than ones that were pretty standard tbh, but let's all celebrate those

So you don't rate Stockdale? Best keeper we've had for many a year! You sir are clueless

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I don't get to away games as I used to being that I have a family now (jcl)

Oh ok...So where exactly did you watch the game cause I remember Stocko making some good saves from a few free kicks and some long range efforts!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Stockdale made a decent save in his first ten games here, where every shot seemed to end up nestling in the net. Since then he has been an integral part of this team's success. I am astounded that people see fit to criticise his keeping last season.

If Stockdale has a weakness it is coming for crosses and dominating his area.

Ironically this is likely to be a less important in the Premier League than in any other league in the land, we aren't going to get many high crosses aimed at brick shithouse centre forwards.

Stockdale is a brilliant shot stopper, as good as I've seen, and I've seen a few since 1959! And rather like FDM he has the knack of making world class saves at crucial times in a game, saving us a point or turning one point into three.

And, unlike Kuipers (good though he was) Stockdale's distribution is top notch. We're going to need that when we are under pressure if we want to score on the break.

I'd be very happy if he stayed, I suspect me might do pretty well in the PL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here