Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As I said before, I'm fairly certain he was offered 1 year here. That vs. 3 at Brum and at 31 years old, I can understand why he's want the security if true...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

31 is hardly old for a goalkeeper. Personally, I'd have wanted a year in the Premier League and see where it took me...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does this mean Kuszczak is now available?

That ought to moisten the panties of a few unimaginative types, on here.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Says to me that DS was not going to be the Albion No 1 and if he can't be No 1 for us then who in the Prem was he going to be No 1? Therefore to play regularly, it's the championship for DS. Harry and £££ - decision made.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
And if we miss out on him too we could be struggling to find 3 keepers good enough for our squad next season with time running out. Hopefully Maenpaa will sign asap.
I don't think we would have let him go so easily if we weren't sorted. We actually seem to be quite good at this recruitment stuff these days

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Totally bizarre. Wouldn't be surprised if Harry ****s it up there anyway - he's past it. Can't believe that he was told he wouldn't be No1 as surely it's up to the players playing in that position to compete for the jersey.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Staggering move by Stockdale. Simply staggering.

I don't have a bad word to say about him, and he'll ALWAYS have a special place with the Albion, but what IS he thinking?

This

⬇️

3 year deal

Good luck to him. He's given us some great memories and I'm so bloody relieved he didn't sign for Palace.

This

⬆️

No tears from me, if the club thought he was good enough, he would have got the longer contract. So that tells you all you need to know.

Capable of great heights but alas too many inexplicable lows. Hope the Aussie brings us more consistency

This

⬆️

This thread will be full of Birmingham fans lurking soon enough.

They have a good keeper who has made a complete tit of himself on Twitter. Definitely Premier league standard but I suspect we will replace him with someone just as good but cheaper.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Not cheaper, younger and possibly more expensive but importantly future proofed with a re-sale value.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think you can look at this in isolation

You just have to look at what the Manager has done since he has come to Brighton. He has gradually improved every position at the Club, transfer window to transfer window, season by season and this transfer window and season will be no different. You have to look to the future and expect a gradual influx of better players.

Brighton is not a Club that can go out and change a team wholescale and spend Unlimited amounts of money all at once. This is a progression and everyone should be looking to the future.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Nobody has died, a player has moved on for whatever reasons be it personal or financial or whatever.

Players come and go at every club.

In CH and TB I trust.

He was my player of the year last season, but right now I'm focussed on fixtures, the new 'keeper and the striker we REALLY need.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't think you can look at this in isolation

You just have to look at what the Manager has done since he has come to Brighton. He has gradually improved every position at the Club, transfer window to transfer window, season by season and this transfer window and season will be no different. You have to look to the future and expect a gradual influx of better players.

Brighton is not a Club that can go out and change a team wholescale and spend Unlimited amounts of money all at once. This is a progression and everyone should be looking to the future.

Best post on the thread. Respect.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bizarre. What a strange old saga all round.

Good luck to him, excellent servant and will always be remembered fondly as a vital member of the promotion winning team.

I'm surprised he hasn't made a big announcement on Twitter though, I'm sure that's to come!

When are we predicting Brum go into administration then?!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Perhaps cross wires. I assumed the comparison was being made with DS this time last year when his move away was turned down.This year the Albion have fulfilled Dale's requirement of Premier League football. I'm just amazed that Stockdale would turn down even a 1 year contract in the Premier League.

Got Ya! Money talks though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here