Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I suppose the best part of his career has been in the championship, I certainly wish him all the best and I'm sure Birmingham must be very happy. Over to you Maty.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Thanks for the last 2 years, good luck at Birmingham Nil, Hope Harry and Rosie are paying you a good wedge

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Odd. Very odd. Step backwards for him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Wish him all the best, just can't understand why he didn't want to test himself in the Premier League?
Shame really but we move on.

I get the feeling we have moved on. Ryan ha seven in the radar for a long time and he has spent too long stalling. He's not worth a 3 year deal to us IMO.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Strange....spend your career to get in premier league, then drop out immediately for championship...

Redknapp - gift of the gab. Perhaps their owner has revealed a mega spend this summer too? Redknapp wouldn't agree to commute that far, without assurances.

I was always far more keen that we kept Stephens, IMO the vital cog in our promotion first eleven. Great player.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm shocked.

Good luck and thanks to David & his family but I really question his agent. David must now wave goodbye to any wild card pick for next year's World Cup that being in the Premier League shop window may have given him. Oh well. He must be on £50K+ per week.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Shame, good memories, especially last 2 seasons. Wish him all the best, bit surprised at the choice of club but money talks, and length of contract I suppose. Had become a bit of a circus so glad that we can all move on now

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Sad to see him go, he seemed attached to the club and area and was superb over the shoreham disaster. I will never forget t he double penalty save against massive. Unfortunately he always had a rickett in him. Strange move must be for dosh only.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Something doesn't add up. He was easily good enough for the PL. I reckon he dragged this thing on for too long to see if he could get the Chelsea deal and Tony was having none of it so went out after a replacement and called his bluff.

Birmingham. I mean. Why? Just WHY?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, my flabber is absolutely gasted,

He's swerved a Premier League contract to sign for a complete and utter basket-case club, that avoided the 3rd division last season (AGAIN) on the final day. They must be throwing bonkers money at him for that.

We all want to fill our wallets a much as possible of course. But when he could have been walking out at Old Trafford and the Emirates, instead he'll be plying his trade at the Pirelli Stadium and the Den. With ZERO chance of making it to the big time any time soon.

Well, as we've all seen from his Twitter, he's a bit of an odd chap.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surprised at where he's ended up, sad to see him go, thankful for his part in getting us to where we are...onwards and upwards now though.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hero between the sticks for us and I'll always remember his performances fondly. Shame his behavior on social media has been so childish and embarrassing the past few weeks, could have left a hero, instead the overall feeling seems to be "thank goodness".

Bring in Maty!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well none of us saw this coming. Can only assume he has a massive signing on Fee.

I am disappointed but Good luck Stockers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here