Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
3 year contract, big weekly salary + a probably HUGE signing on fee from the newly minted (and Harry blessed) Blues. Wouldn't be surprised if this move has secured Stockdale's family future. Fab keeper and sad to see him go but I'm sure we have a top custodian lined up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
3 year contract, big weekly salary + a probably HUGE signing on fee from the newly minted (and Harry blessed) Blues. Wouldn't be surprised if this move has secured Stockdale's family future. Fab keeper and sad to see him go but I'm sure we have a top custodian lined up.

This - I'm certain 'arry has paid top dollar, possibly the first nail in Birmingham's financial coffin, but good luck to DC who performed superbly in his time with us, except the last 3 games when he, and a few others, inexplicably went awol.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Seems to me like his agent going to the papers with talk of Chelsea/West Ham was just that, load of old bollocks.

He tried to play poker with Tony Bloom lol.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ah well. Decent enough keeper but will always be prone to absolute howlers , often at the worst possible times.
Am confident we will start the season with at least as good as stockdale .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He wasn't a Hughton/Winstanley signing and managers like to have their own goalkeeper.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This - I'm certain 'arry has paid top dollar, possibly the first nail in Birmingham's financial coffin, but good luck to DC who performed superbly in his time with us, except the last 3 games when he, and a few others, inexplicably went awol.

DS even....sorry, too much Vedejo.

CFAHB

Jun 1, 2017
Doubt it. Birmingham wage bill last season £15m compared to the Albion's £27m (which could easily triple 2017/18).

Birmingham are not going to pay him £80k a week or any of the other silly numbers being quoted.

The wage he gets may not improve much but the signing on fee he will command will cover that.Market value £4,000,000?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think you can look at this in isolation

You just have to look at what the Manager has done since he has come to Brighton. He has gradually improved every position at the Club, transfer window to transfer window, season by season and this transfer window and season will be no different. You have to look to the future and expect a gradual influx of better players.

Brighton is not a Club that can go out and change a team wholescale and spend Unlimited amounts of money all at once. This is a progression and everyone should be looking to the future.

Absolutely. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Punter

Persistent fouler
Jan 31, 2012
Phoenix Brewery
"The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost."

I'm past anger - at least it wasn't palace - and on to bargaining, trying to forget the heroics, remember the howlers, and hoping Ryan will take the premier league by storm if we land him. Hopefully soon on to acceptance when I'll be able to feel gracious about the near-legend bhafc status that Stockdale will surely have.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
except the last 3 games when he, and a few others, inexplicably went awol.

Other than the last minute at Villa what did he do wrong in the other two games, unless of course you blame him for not getting out of the way of the ball cannoning off the woodwork twice at Norwich.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Is he not a bit overrated? He does make wonder saves and won us games, but it seems that he has a mistake in him every game, only thing was that against Barnsley, Rotherham and Burton they didn't have the quality to punish them, where as Newcastle and Villa etc did, in the premier league mistakes will be punished at every opportunity.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
So, how hard do you think the club worked to keep him? I get it that he will probably get a huge sign-on lump sum, as Brum don't need to pay a transfer fee, but can't quite get my head around why he wouldn't want to stay and pit himself against Premiere teams. It's a shame that we don't get a fee for him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At least on the plus side when we sign new GK in Matt Ryan, who MAY have inside knowledge of playing against Antoine Griezmann, when Atletico Madrid play at the Amex :wink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here