Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Very strange move, Birmingham must be paying him way over the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
As Redknapp is the manager, I should imagine they are.

Also, a 3 year contract as opposed to the rumoured 1 year that we offering.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Very strange. I spose we will never know the story.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
O9Z0k.gif

Cheerio Stockers :bigwave:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Strange.

I genuinely think he is good enough for Prem and surprised he hasn't backed himself.
Had the opportunity to secure his future by showing what he can do at the top level.

I wish him well and will miss having him as part of our club.
I'm sure he will do a magnificent job for Birmingham.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Plenty of good memories, but time to move on.

No one player is bigger than the Albion.

And nobody beats Tony.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Seems a strange choice of new club. Although with Redknapp as manager there is no doubt a lot of money being thrown around.

He's been excellent for us these last two years, on and off the pitch. He'll be a loss to us so lets hope we get a real quality replacement.

Gotta think it'd be a combination of things.

Length of contract we offered
Knowledge that Ryan is (probably) coming in
Sign on fee
Wages
Then of course there's the absolute dogs abuse aimed at him and his f**king family on Twitter.

When was this abuse?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Very strange move ,has to be money orientated , cannot see any other reason he would go there. Anyway as others have said he wasn't the vital cog in the team and will be replaced by the Aussie .

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm shocked.

Good luck and thanks to David & his family but I really question his agent. David must now wave goodbye to any wild card pick for next year's World Cup that being in the Premier League shop window may have given him. Oh well. He must be on £50K+ per week.

Really ?

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I bet his wages & signing on fee are huge & a bulging back pocket thanks to Harry.

To be honest. He did a great job for us. Thanks Dave. But he's probably not quite premier league standard & he knows it. The additional analysis and scrutiny they get - he'd get slaughtered.

One of our best though. Onward & upward

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What an absolute idiot, will live to regret this decision I am sure. His options were-

* Chelsea number 2
* PL with Brighton
* Go to his boyhood club Leeds to see out his career

He chooses Brum who just stayed up on the last day, shit city and in the Championship. Even if they are throwing $$$ at him it is still career suicide. The VERY BEST he could achieve in the next year is to be in exactly the same position he is right now. Ridiculous decision and written his chances of a possible England call up off too.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Looking forward to the hypocritical garbage he comes out with to justify signing for them.

If he said he went for the money alone then at least I'd respect him for being honest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What an absolute idiot, will live to regret this decision I am sure. His options were-

* Chelsea number 2
* PL with Brighton
* Go to his boyhood club Leeds to see out his career

He chooses Brum who just stayed up on the last day, shit city and in the Championship. Even if they are throwing $$$ at him it is still career suicide. The VERY BEST he could achieve in the next year is to be in exactly the same position he is right now. Ridiculous decision and written his chances of a possible England call up off too.

My thoughts exactly on the England role. If Tom Heaton can be in the squad then that is a realistic target for Stockdale, especially with a world cup on the horizon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here