Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
These are all the actions of a man who thinks he holds all the cards. Does he think he's the only keeper in the world? Will we have to put Bruno between the sticks if he doesn't sign?

All getting very stupid now. Go to Leeds! Go, if that's what you want - just stop being a dick about it. Be the best keeper in the Championship.... again.

Oh, and put your mobile phone in your bottom drawer fella. Keep it there until you've signed for a club, then get it out again.

Maybe you shouldn't follow his social media so closely, as it's causing you too much upset. He's on holiday, it's his kids birthday and he is from Leeds. Give him a break and give the toys back to his kid so he can through them out the pram instead of you.

If he goes he goes. If he stays he stays. Cricket anyone?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've never followed him on social media chap. I'm not on Twatter, Instaspam, or even Farcebook... I don't need to. I'm 127 pages into this thread so I'm pretty well clued up on what he's been up to.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe you shouldn't follow his social media so closely, as it's causing you too much upset. He's on holiday, it's his kids birthday and he is from Leeds. Give him a break and give the toys back to his kid so he can through them out the pram instead of you.

If he goes he goes. If he stays he stays. Cricket anyone?

No. I'm largely with Knocky on this one. Being fortunate enough to be a professional footballer comes with many resposibilities. One of those is not to rub your adoring fans noses in the dirt, by being an arse on twitter, and dangling pics of their kid being handed a Leeds shirt for every Tom Dick and Harry to see.

Tony Bloom is no fool, he will have noticed what is going on, and don't be too surprised if that contract offer is suddenly withdrawn. It won't make an iota of difference to Messrs.Stockdale of course, as he will be snapped up in an instant, but l think his selfish actions stink to be honest.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't get why the club (and all clubs in this situation) don't put a deadline on the contact and get it sorted. I would say "Thanks for memories and good luck with your next club" if he hasn't signed by now and we have a new keeper lined up

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I've got to the stage where I really couldn't care if he stays or goes.

Should he be able to tweet pictures of his kid in a Leeds shirt ? Of course he should
Should he get the abuse he is getting for doing it ? Of course not it's stupid.

However he can't claim he doesn't know what he is doing, he isn't adverse to winding people up and rowing on twitter so I can see why some have gone over the top..... FWIW it's a shame it's come to this, shame the club left it till now and caused this situation with one of our keys players from last season and it's a shame Stocko is coming off as a bit of an attention seeker and leaving a sour taste in the mouth before what looks like his inevitable departure. Can't help thinking he could have just thought about some of his previous posts since the end of the season which would probably have avoided the backlash on an entirely innocent post of his lad on his birthday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't get why the club (and all clubs in this situation) don't put a deadline on the contact and get it sorted. I would say "Thanks for memories and good luck with your next club" if he hasn't signed by now and we have a new keeper lined up

They've made him an offer haven't they ? He's just decided not to sign it (yet) and is holding out for a better one, and waiting to see who else wants him (which is fair enough). Think the club have got fed up with his prevarication and signed Ryan instead (as someone said above, called his bluff), so unlikely to get an improved offer now I reckon. Will be benchwarming at another PL club or staying in the Championship instead of being first choice here (which I'm sure he would have been if he'd signed when he could have).

No issues at all with his kid being in a Leeds shirt, but he's 100% looking for a reaction by posting it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
he is an attention whore, pulling fans into a will he/wont he scenario. turning into a prick, if you ask me.

I think there's a few bigger pricks on this thread.

Son's birthday (who also has an Albion top) and our precious twatterati start giving him abuse. Embarrassing bunch of bellends.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His whole family are from Leeds. His wife's parents bought his son a Leeds kit for his birthday. Billy also has a Barca shirt, and a Brighton keeper's shirt with Daddy on it. He puts the three photos on Instagram so his family can see Billy enjoying his presents, and yet he is labelled an attention seeking whore?

Twitter isn't the only media that has idiots posting comments.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am sure that he had absolutely no idea that posting his son with a Leeds shirt might provoke a reaction :rolleyes:

I suggest he is loving all the attention he is getting and has thick enough skin not to let any abuse bother him :shrug:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
When we are playing at Old Trafford and Leeds have fixture at Millwall... I wonder if it will still appear such an attractive choice?

Future club owners/managers may take note. Does it betray a lack of confidence to perform at a high level? Like any prospective employer, they don't like a lack of ambition.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A lot of the posts on here are reminiscent of comments made when it looked like Calderon was about to sign for Southampton. A lot of people ended up with massive amounts of egg on their face after that episode.

I'm not saying I think Stockdale with sign but don't understand why some people feel the need to make dumb ass comments.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I am sure that he had absolutely no idea that posting his son with a Leeds shirt might provoke a reaction :rolleyes:

I suggest he is loving all the attention he is getting and has thick enough skin not to let any abuse bother him :shrug:

This is all a storm in a tea cup

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Brighton fans may think that, but the reality is that he is very caring & quite sensitive which is why he made personal visits to the Shoreham families, donated £150 to a sick child when only asked for a retweet, and done masses for AITC.
Don't let cynicism cloud your judgement.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A lot of the posts on here are reminiscent of comments made when it looked like Calderon was about to sign for Southampton. A lot of people ended up with massive amounts of egg on their face after that episode.

I'm not saying I think Stockdale with sign but don't understand why some people feel the need to make dumb ass comments.

Nailed it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brighton fans may think that, but the reality is that he is very caring & quite sensitive which is why he made personal visits to the Shoreham families, donated £150 to a sick child when only asked for a retweet, and done masses for AITC.
Don't let cynicism cloud your judgement.

All of this.

Think it's all getting a bit silly now.

The days of one club men and club loyalty are long gone. Players loyalty rests with themselves and their family.

Good luck to Stocko wherever he goes, unless it's Palace to in which case, I hope every shot goes through him! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I wish for everyone's sake he would just come off twitter if he's not able to ignore the children and trolls tweeting him.

He clearly gets some kind of kick out of it as everyone knows there are total morons on twitter who were always going to respond to his kid in a Leeds kit even though most sensible adults wouldn't have a problem with it.

My perfect scenario is for him to sign a new contract and to close his twitter account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here