Page 199 of 203 FirstFirst ... 99149189196197198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2024

2 Not allowed!
    No inside knowledge at all but I've always assumed that the Albion very deliberately gave Stockdale an offer he could refuse (because CH had doubts about him), he tried to hold out for something better which wasn't offered and he went to B'ham because that was the only offer on the table at the time.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Bitterne,Southampton, close to the M27 and 65 miles from the Temple of Bloom.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Oh. I was under the impression that everyone on NSC knows everything.
      No, everyone on NSC THINKS they know everything.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
      14 signings Arry has made. 14.

Meanwhile, the striker he deemed crap, Clayton Donaldson, has scored almost as many goals for his new club in 2 games than Birmingham have all season.
      Exactly. It's hilarious.

Redknapp is undoubtedly the jammiest tw4t in football though. Nobody in the media ever remembers his disaster at Southampton, his underwhelming stint at West Ham and you can be sure that this Birmingham shambles will be somebody else's fault too. I do hope they go down.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      Exactly. It's hilarious.

Redknapp is undoubtedly the jammiest tw4t in football though. Nobody in the media ever remembers his disaster at Southampton, his underwhelming stint at West Ham and you can be sure that this Birmingham shambles will be somebody else's fault too. I do hope they go down.

Don't forget how the media let him get away with blaming Mark Hughes for the relegation at QPR, even though Hughes was sacked in October. No mention of the dross he brought in, including that 10m centre back who he just couldn't even get fit. He then stayed on with the strongest squad by a country mile in The Championship, and they limped home, via the play-offs in a Final that they were completely outplayed, and were only saved by Bobby, while 'Arry by his own admission was stood on the touchline thinking about playing golf next year rather than having another go at The Championship. That's it 'Arry don't stand there thinking tactics or motivation, openly tell the media you were thinking "meh, this is all too much like hard work" and the media for some reason do NOT destroy him for it.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

1 Not allowed!
      Exactly. It's hilarious.

You can add Pompy to that list.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Langley View Post
      You can add Pompy to that list.
      He won the cup at Pompey. Granted, he almost bankrupted the club by bringing in players like Sully Muntari at salaries that would have made Italian giants think twice, but they did win a cup. I think you'll find the fact that they then tumbled down the league into division 4 was NOT his fault. The media told me.

Is there any football fan anywhere who rates the bloke? He is quite clearly a clueless chancer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      'Arry and his son are both a couple of muppets. Not sure why I felt the need to bring Jamie into it, but he just annoys me.

I've loved Stocko over the last couple of years, but IMO don't think he'd be good enough for the Premier League. Not sure why he left but I'm sure he's probably regretting it a bit now, but I don't think we miss him in our squad at all.
      Took me years to realise that I spent my youth standing next to Steve Foster every week watching Sunday league football. Oops!

0 Not allowed!
      'Arry would still have made a better England manager than that clown Hodgson

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      Don't forget how the media let him get away with blaming Mark Hughes for the relegation at QPR, even though Hughes was sacked in October. No mention of the dross he brought in, including that 10m centre back who he just couldn't even get fit. He then stayed on with the strongest squad by a country mile in The Championship, and they limped home, via the play-offs in a Final that they were completely outplayed, and were only saved by Bobby, while 'Arry by his own admission was stood on the touchline thinking about playing golf next year rather than having another go at The Championship. That's it 'Arry don't stand there thinking tactics or motivation, openly tell the media you were thinking "meh, this is all too much like hard work" and the media for some reason do NOT destroy him for it.
      Christopher Samba? Mediocre performances and massive wages.

1 Not allowed!
      Exactly. It's hilarious.

Off the top of my head, there is a load to laugh about where arry is concerned.

- Telling Roman Pavlyuchenko to 'Run about a bit' when he put him on as sub for Spurs
      - van der Vaart explaining that the tactics board at Spurs was normally blank.
      - The player bought by Redknapp who he never played but knew liked Horse racing. Bought him into the office most days for his opinion on the days racing.
      - His in court defence of financial dealings by saying he couldn't read or write.