Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes all of this.

But surely, when he can't play anymore, I think he'll sit down and wonder what could have been.

Money over professional pride. Still I guess he'll be retired at 40........... lucky g!t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but he's been second choice keeper in the Premier League before, perhaps he didn't fancy getting splinters in his arse at the age of 32.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
May be his agent was just pushing too hard. So we started looking elsewhere. Then Chelsea pulled out, we found the Aussie, and it was all too late. Brum came up with and offer, with no one else interested. Maybe...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thankfully Dave knows his level , unlike some of his fanboys on NSC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
For me this is as strange as Ronald Koeman quitting Southampton for Everton last season. It made no sense to me at all, but the man felt he had something to prove. Maybe Stockdale feels he has something to prove that it wasn't just because of Dunk and Duffy he kept 20 clean sheets. Or maybe the money is right for him and his family. Who knows but on the face of it it's a bizarre decision.

Thanks to Stockdale for the last two years, he's been fantastic on and off the pitch and will be remembered as a fantastic goalkeeper for us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Most players are desperate to play in that Division - If he isn't clambering to sign a new contract then you have to expect they won't be signing. That's what my views are based on.

Yes yes yes. Most fans had accepted he was not going to sign. Most fans expected he'd end up with another EPL team or one of Europe's biggest sides such as Leeds Utd. But Birmingham? And you're not surprised?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
For me this is as strange as Ronald Koeman quitting Southampton for Everton last season. It made no sense to me at all, but the man felt he had something to prove. Maybe Stockdale feels he has something to prove that it wasn't just because of Dunk and Duffy he kept 20 clean sheets. Or maybe the money is right for him and his family. Who knows but on the face of it it's a bizarre decision.

Thanks to Stockdale for the last two years, he's been fantastic on and off the pitch and will be remembered as a fantastic goalkeeper for us.

Sorry but your comparison doesn't work for me. For one Everton are a much bigger club than Saints and are a very attractive club to manage.

Re Stockdale, surely replicating this seasons form in the Premier League would be a better way of proving himself than going back to a league where he is a proven performer. This decision is only about money. Now I have nothing wrong with that as anyone would struggle to turn down more years for perhaps more money, but money is what it's about.

Thanks for your efforts David and all the best for the future x

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Harry has just got himself the best Championship goalie on a free. I think Brum are going for it otherwise the old boy wouldn't be there. Good luck to DS, he will be missed for his work in the community but as El Presidente says he wouldn't fancy the bench at his age. He's done that and wants to play.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Odd decision.

2 years fighting for promotion to the PL, and finally make it, and then...

*Nah, I'll stay in the Championship*

Best of luck to him to him, of course.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Odd decision.

2 years fighting for promotion to the PL, and finally make it, and then...

*Nah, I'll stay the Championship*

Best of luck to him to him, of course.

Simple summing up nails it for me. As my dear old gran might have said, 'cutting off his nose to spite his face' perhaps.

Thanks for a great couple of seasons, good luck in the Championship (again).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sorry, what? what and odd, odd outcome to this saga.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I bumped into a Burnley fan in London. He pointed out what I already know, that the Championship is far more fun and exciting that the Premier League.
I'm delighted that we've been promoted but I look forward to still following the adventures of Villa, Birmingham, Massive, Norwich, Boro, Leeds and Derby etc.
Top three:
Villa
Boro
Norwich

Good luck to DS on his next Championship roller coaster, I'm sure it will be entertaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here