Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What are the chances that the club will announce the arrival of Ryan and shortly afterwards the departure of Stockdale, all in the same day?
Well unless the club withdraw the contract offer, or DS confirms he is joining another club, he doesn't depart until 1st July.

Hopefully we don't have to wait that long for Ryan ? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That to me suggests mental health issues.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as that. But he does seem to put stuff out there, and then spend an inordinate amount of time liking and retweeting all the arselicking. Then when shots are fired he gets all defensive and goes out seeking and retweeting the affirmations of his views. I think he's basically just a bit PRECIOUS.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You could say the same about NSC!

While NSC is a tool for its members to post whatever they like it is also moderated. Twitter give people the opportunity to post whatever they like straight to the person they are typing about.

The aim of the majority of twitter users is to try and get as many followers as they can usually by posting crap. The club has probably sold more children's goalkeeper shirts over the past two years than ever before because mums and dads buy them just so they can post a photo of their child on twitter tagged to Stockdale as they know he will retweet the photo

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What are the chances that the club will announce the arrival of Ryan and shortly afterwards the departure of Stockdale, all in the same day?

I cannot believe the club will be at all impressed by the Twittering, but if he is off there really is nothing they can do, otherwise they may have suggested he put a stop to it and all would have gone quiet.

Presumably he's still under contract at the his moment, so if they are concerned they can still mention it to him.

They are probably less worried than NSC though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
While NSC is a tool for its members to post whatever they like it is also moderated. Twitter give people the opportunity to post whatever they like straight to the person they are typing about.
Yes, people never get hot under the collar about something posted on NSC, do they? Not like it ever turns nasty, eh? - why even the discussions on Brexit were level headed calm discussions among friends, weren't they..............

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Perhaps it's time we (and other clubs) started putting a 'No twitter' (or instagram or whatever) clause into players' contracts.

"£30K (or more) a week - but only on condition that you don't tweet."
"Oh, I'm not sure about that, my social media is too important to me. I'll have to think about that."

For £30K a week over a couple of years, I know which way I'd go!

I would imagine it would need a whole host of clubs to all start bringing in similar clauses. At the moment, the top players (not Stockdale) still call too many of the shots when it comes to contract negotiations. But maybe if there is an enhancement offered to hand your Twitter account over to the Marketing Department, then maybe it will work.

The contract clause I think we will start to see as contracts are being signed taking us to 2022 and beyond, is an International Retirement clause. That World Cup will be crowbarred into the middle of the season and if I'm an owner looking to pay someone six-figures per week, then I don't want to be losing a month while they try to recover from heat exhaustion suffered at the Qatar World Cup.

"Yep, here's your £200k a week contract Carlos, but you retire from International duty around that abortion of a World Cup."

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes, people never get hot under the collar about something posted on NSC, do they? Not like it ever turns nasty, eh? - why even the discussions on Brexit were level headed calm discussions among friends, weren't they..............

Although something on here might get viewed by a few of 100 people if they actually opened the thread and read the post(s), anything on Stockdale's feed is seen instantly by almost 40,000 without the re-tweets it gets.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would imagine it would need a whole host of clubs to all start bringing in similar clauses. At the moment, the top players (not Stockdale) still call too many of the shots when it comes to contract negotiations. But maybe if there is an enhancement offered to hand your Twitter account over to the Marketing Department, then maybe it will work.

The contract clause I think we will start to see as contracts are being signed taking us to 2022 and beyond, is an International Retirement clause. That World Cup will be crowbarred into the middle of the season and if I'm an owner looking to pay someone six-figures per week, then I don't want to be losing a month while they try to recover from heat exhaustion suffered at the Qatar World Cup.

"Yep, here's your £200k a week contract Carlos, but you retire from International duty around that abortion of a World Cup."
Fully agree with the idea of an International Retirement clause - I think we should be doing it now where new contracts are being offered, with a retirement date just before the Russian opening ceremony.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as that. But he does seem to put stuff out there, and then spend an inordinate amount of time liking and retweeting all the arselicking. Then when shots are fired he gets all defensive and goes out seeking and retweeting the affirmations of his views. I think he's basically just a bit PRECIOUS.

Temperament issues. A good feature in a goalie who should be the most icicle-veined player on the pitch?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I think you are right about the International clause, however that world cup won't happen.

I can see there being an 8 year gap after Russia

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Great player for us, a shame he didn't want to test himself in the Prem but thank Christ for that. Now we can move on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here