Page 200 of 203 FirstFirst ... 100150190197198199200201202203 LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2024

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'Arry would still have made a better England manager than that clown Hodgson
    He really wouldn't. Although with hindsight I think I'd love to have seen him involved and trying to explain away a defeat to Iceland without his usual advantage of a £100m war chest the rest of the teams could only dream of.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Christopher Samba? Mediocre performances and massive wages.
      That's the fella. But don't forget, it was all Mark Hughes's fault.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

0 Not allowed!
      Stockdale could go from turning down Premier League football to League One in a year the way Birmingham are playing

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      That's the fella. But don't forget, it was all Mark Hughes's fault.
      In which case, he was £12.5m, as opposed to £10m, which makes it even worse!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by elwheelio View Post
      He's a good keeper, very good at Championship level, but he's not "top class". DeGea, Oblak, Neuer, Buffon are top class. I'd say Cech, Lloris, Courtois etc are the ring below. Then you've got Butland, Heaton etc. I wouldn't say Stockdale would be in any of these three 'tiers. He's decent but if he were top class he wouldn't have been, and still be, knocking around the Championship for most of his career.
      Fair comment..

I'm still living in my championship bubble, where I evaluate players based on those who would actually play for us.
      He's better than Ryan. IMO

I

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uh_huh_him View Post
      Fair comment..

I'm still living in my championship bubble, where I evaluate players based on those who would actually play for us.
      He's better than Ryan. IMO

I
      Early days for Ryan but judging on his performance against WBA I would say he is better than Stockdale.

The diving save in the first half is one that Stockdale may have struggled to make. His one on one save should his speed off the line and his distribution was good.

Yes he has had a couple of ricks - but his decision making and sheer agility seem excellent. The question marks maybe his handling - not worried about his supposed lack of height so much as his agility more than makes up

Time will tell but I think the whole have grown in confidence after Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      Exactly. It's hilarious.

Redknapp is undoubtedly the jammiest tw4t in football though. Nobody in the media ever remembers his disaster at Southampton, his underwhelming stint at West Ham and you can be sure that this Birmingham shambles will be somebody else's fault too. I do hope they go down.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
      Absolutely, it's so irritating this free ride he has from the media because he's a 'character'. He was a total and utter disaster at QPR and Southampton (very funny mind), ruined Portsmouth and then under achieved with Spurs. He would have been a disaster with England.

Not forgetting he committed the ultimate footballing crime as he left Pompey to go to Southampton and then BACK to Portsmouth in the most incredibly arrogant manner. Why the Skate fans ever accepted him back I will never know but I guess that says more about them.

Can't stand the bloke and thoroughly enjoying his latest failure.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Upper Library View Post
      Early days for Ryan but judging on his performance against WBA I would say he is better than Stockdale.

The diving save in the first half is one that Stockdale may have struggled to make. His one on one save should his speed off the line and his distribution was good.

Yes he has had a couple of ricks - but his decision making and sheer agility seem excellent. The question marks maybe his handling - not worried about his supposed lack of height so much as his agility more than makes up

Time will tell but I think the whole have grown in confidence after Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If you are talking about the two shots from Barry then yes Stockdale would have saved it. It was virtually hit straight at Him. Ryan palmed it away because it was hit with power
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      No, everyone on NSC THINKS they know everything.
      My brother and I do know EVERYTHING.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      If you are talking about the two shots from Barry then yes Stockdale would have saved it. It was virtually hit straight at Him. Ryan palmed it away because it was hit with power
      The shot from Barry in the first half, he probably would have got. I am not sure he would have been as quick off his line to block Morrison late on (and I was a fan of Stockdale).