Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was he an attention seeker when he did all that work and support for the families after the Shoreham air disaster?

I think just signing up to have people follow you on twitter is attention seeking, so he is not alone just higher profile.

I can see why some are getting agitated by all this, if he was signed already or even midway through a long contract none of this would be an issue.

That said, I couldn't give a toss if he signs or not, he is an above average championship Keeper, nothing more.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Stockdale is making a proper idiot of himself on twitter, its all slightly embarrassing to be honest

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What has been posted on twitter in response to Stockdale is pathetic and embarrassing and those people need to have a proper good look at their lives.

But Stockdale is either massively naive or attention seeking if he thinks they won't get a reaction.

Problem is, the photo of his lad in a Leeds kit as an isolated incident isn't what has caused the reaction... it's the retweets and the cryptic tweets over the last month that have led to this point.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Some 'supporters' we have don't we..

There is a minority on twitter who are acting like total xunts. You know who you are, and yes I did see your twitter post :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As Stocko posted on Twitter people can choose to unfollow him

That's where I got to with it. The unfollow button.

I never post pictures of my kids on Twitter for a variety of reasons. If I have to share a photo I normally do this on Whatsapp with whoever sent the present or relatives who are interested. Whilst commenting on peoples kids is out of order, it was naïve to do what he did in the first place - It was bound to end in tears given the contract situation and he maybe should have thought that one through.

I appreciate I started this shitfest but the sooner the Aussie bloke signs and Stockdales future is resolved the better. This is like watching a couples marriage difficulties being played out via Facebook (which to be fair is normally much more interesting)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought some abuse from ****s on Twitter for high profile users was the norm, is this not the case then? Is Stocko being singled out more than other footballers? I have no idea as I don't use Twitter

I see the guy who started the appeal for the homeless guy who helped out in the Manchester nail bomb aftermath now regrets getting involved due to the abuse he has received.

Seems if you post your every move on Twitter, or are high profile and make cryptic posts, you can expect some shit to come your way, rightly or wrongly.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I agree some of our fans are being absolute c*nts.

But good lord he's all a bit amateur on twitter isn't he, all a bit embarrassing.

If he does go to Leeds, 99% of their fans are absolute thunderc*nts on twitter, and it definitely won't take very long for him to upset them if he starts nibbling at the smallest dig.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Hope the club prove that not all players should hold the cards anymore. He is very replaceable not to bothered if he goes. I think it's now got to the stage where we need to let him go to make him an example to the rest of the group. Nobody is bigger than the club and we won't be held to ransom.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm sorry. This is the first time I've checked this thread so maybe I'm behind.

People are losing their shit because an out of contract footballer is letting his Leeds supporting child wear a Leeds shirt on his birthday?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
No. I'm largely with Knocky on this one. Being fortunate enough to be a professional footballer comes with many resposibilities. One of those is not to rub your adoring fans noses in the dirt, by being an arse on twitter, and dangling pics of their kid being handed a Leeds shirt for every Tom Dick and Harry to see.

Tony Bloom is no fool, he will have noticed what is going on, and don't be too surprised if that contract offer is suddenly withdrawn. It won't make an iota of difference to Messrs.Stockdale of course, as he will be snapped up in an instant, but l think his selfish actions stink to be honest.

I don't agree. I think some of our adoring fans are being way too sensitive. Stephens and Stockdale, why do we give our players crap at the exact time they are mulling over contracts?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

People are losing their shit because an out of contract footballer is letting his Leeds supporting child wear a Leeds shirt on his birthday?

That is one interpretation but why Stockdale is engaging with all the morons is beyond me?
Also, why he felt the need to publish a picture of his kid in a Leeds shirt is a bit daft - its twitter ffs you are going to get stick.

It all seems very attention seeking to me

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Apparently, completely unbelievable isn't it - it's his son for goodness sake... and to be honest I wouldn't bat an eyelid if David Stockdale himself was pictured wearing a Leeds shirt either, it being the club he actually supports.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He must have known the reaction it would get. Of course people have gone ridiculously over the top, but Stockdale has been on Twitter long enough, and had spats before that he can't have had any doubt the reaction he would have got from the dimmer corners of the internet community.

And then he doesn't walk away from it, he comes back and extends the debate, retweets responses and it all descends quickly from there. Again, he must know engaging in the replies always does that.

Of course the comments he's getting back are ludicrous, but everyone would have known he'd get them from some people. He absolutely must have known, because he's been there before. What makes him post it on a public forum such as Twitter rather than a private forum like Facebook, I can't explain. Does he enjoy the sport of flushing out the idiots, and then presumably blocking them. Does he treat it as a way of filtering out the idiots from his followers?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
That is one interpretation but why Stockdale is engaging with all the morons is beyond me?
Also, why he felt the need to publish a picture of his kid in a Leeds shirt is a bit daft - its twitter ffs you are going to get stick.

It all seems very attention seeking to me

So, because he plays for Brighton, and he supports Leeds then his 5 year old son get a Leeds top for his birthday, he can't show this off, pathetic if you think that's a bit daft. It's the fans who react are a bit daft or a bit pathetic in my opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here