Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[tweet]907847377108824065[/tweet]

Dave still can't resist a good old Twitter RUCK I see.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He was always big on team spirit so I miss him for that, but can't say I miss his tweets.

He doesn't seem to know when saying nothing is better than something.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why did he turn down our offer then?

We were already bringing Ryan in as first choice is the main reason. I think the goals he conceded at Leeds yesterday show why.
Capable of great saves but very inconsistent as we know.
He is on less money at Blues but crucially is guaranteed to be first choice and has a longer deal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who do we want in for the mid November slot?

ince_2916334.jpg

John-Barnes-John-Barnes.png

Dec 29, 2011
Why did he turn down our offer then?

Because he wanted to be closer to his family, because he wanted a longer contract which offers stability, or another personal reason none of us know about?

If we lose out to a player to a better club (think Prichard to Norwich) it's because they went for more money. If we lose out to a player to a lower club, it's also because they went for the money. Can people not see how stupid this way of thinking is?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Because he wanted to be closer to his family, because he wanted a longer contract which offers stability, or another personal reason none of us know about?

If we lose out to a player to a better club (think Prichard to Norwich) it's because they went for more money. If we lose out to a player to a lower club, it's also because they went for the money. Can people not see how stupid this way of thinking is?

Not really i'm afraid, considering 90% of players move for money and the other 10% for playing opportunities and/or surplus to requirements.. but even in that bracket they will generally follow the money. I believe Stockdale moved due to lack of playing opportunities and went to the place that offered him the most money for instance.

Perhaps you could throw a 1-2% in there that genuinely move for a chance at silverware or exceptions that prove the rule, but that's the nature of the game unfortunately and i'm not even a cynic.

You could of course believe Stockdale himself, who suggests his move was more about watching a brum game on tele where the fans were being loud and passionate. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He went because he knows he can't cut it in the Prem and would not have made many appearances and would have then been released. Sadly. Better to be number one at a number two club.

Definitely that, or somthing else.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As far I am aware, he went for a combination of reasons:

A longer contract - we offered him a year less at a presumably similar salary
To be closer to his family - not a deal breaker but an added bonus
Rumours that Hughton was never 100% convinced of his worth, would have signed him but it was no biggie if the keeper rejected the offer.

I might be wrong but I don't believe anything else affected his decision. Meanwhile I don't take any pleasure seeing him in the bottom 3 (although happily it is showing up Redknapp for useless turd he is) and he will always be considered a key player in that promotion squad as far as I'm concerned. I agree with [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION], I'm getting a bit tired of seeing people re-write history over a bit of Twitter handbags and a contract wrangle that none of us were party to.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As far I am aware, he went for a combination of reasons:

A longer contract - we offered him a year less at a presumably similar salary
To be closer to his family - not a deal breaker but an added bonus
Rumours that Hughton was never 100% convinced of his worth, would have signed him but it was no biggie if the keeper rejected the offer.

I might be wrong but I don't believe anything else affected his decision. Meanwhile I don't take any pleasure seeing him in the bottom 3 (although happily it is showing up Redknapp for useless turd he is) and he will always be considered a key player in that promotion squad as far as I'm concerned. I agree with [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION], I'm getting a bit tired of seeing people re-write history over a bit of Twitter handbags and a contract wrangle that none of us were party to.

:thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Not having a go at Stockdale in particular, but what is this thing with waving to families who are in the opposing fans when they are going to see them 20 mins later. Bit needy isn't it ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here