Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153193200201202203
Results 2,021 to 2,024 of 2024
    Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As far I am aware, he went for a combination of reasons:

A longer contract - we offered him a year less at a presumably similar salary
    To be closer to his family - not a deal breaker but an added bonus
    Rumours that Hughton was never 100% convinced of his worth, would have signed him but it was no biggie if the keeper rejected the offer.

I might be wrong but I don't believe anything else affected his decision. Meanwhile I don't take any pleasure seeing him in the bottom 3 (although happily it is showing up Redknapp for useless turd he is) and he will always be considered a key player in that promotion squad as far as I'm concerned. I agree with @Triggaaar, I'm getting a bit tired of seeing people re-write history over a bit of Twitter handbags and a contract wrangle that none of us were party to.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Not having a go at Stockdale in particular, but what is this thing with waving to families who are in the opposing fans when they are going to see them 20 mins later. Bit needy isn't it

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
      14 signings Arry has made. 14.

Meanwhile, the striker he deemed crap, Clayton Donaldson, has scored almost as many goals for his new club in 2 games than Birmingham have all season.
      Just returning to this, I've just noticed Birmingham have now lost five on the bounce (including a cup game), and even then the game before that was a home draw to rock bottom Bolton!

When Gary Rowett was replaced, it was with Gianfranco Zola - who amusingly turned out to be gash. But even he didn't preside over a 5 game losing streak. He also didn't get a summer transfer window to reshape his side. How come Harry Redknapp gets a transfer window, spends millions, signs 14 players and THEN presides over a 5 game losing streak and nobody is talking about him getting the Spanish archer? At what point is any of it 'Arry's fault? He's f**king USELESS.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post

A longer contract - we offered him a year less at a presumably similar salary
      And thinking a little deeper about the money side of things (if indeed that were the main driver of his decision):

Let's say the two basic salary offers were similar...

Stockdale at BHAFC this season would have expected to collect: 52 x basic salary, 8 (?) x appearance bonus, 3 (?) x win bonus.

Stockdale at BCFC this season would have expected to collect: 52 x basic salary, 46 x appearance bonus, 25 x win bonus.

Obviously thanks to Harry's general shitness, the last part of his BCFC sum is looking unlikely...
      Stand or Fall