Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
His words,
"I am out of contract but listen over the next 8 weeks a lot of things can happen. Like I've said before I want stay, I want to be a part of Brighton's history. I've done it once by getting promoted for the first time to the Premier League, hopefully I can help them stay there."

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
His words,
"I am out of contract but listen over the next 8 weeks a lot of things can happen. Like I've said before I want stay, I want to be a part of Brighton's history. I've done it once by getting promoted for the first time to the Premier League, hopefully I can help them stay there."

That sounds positive then. Just means the contract talks involve some hard bargaining.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
His words,

giphy.gif

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
More than likely. The fact that he wants to stay and not just bugger off is a good sign.....

Unless the club have other plans!

Was thinking along these lines. He's had an unbelievable season, but is there a chance the club are not overly desperate to secure his contact? Not saying they're ready to release him (And I would love him to stay) but it's possible the club have targets elsewhere they'd rather bring in.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Tony will not be held to ransom and will pull the plug on Stockdale if needs be . Pretty sure there are other very good keepers who would love to come to BHA given the chance .

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I don't think getting rid of your goalkeeper, who had a major influence in helping get the team promoted, is very sensible at all! :wrong:

I think that the Club's Premier League wage structure is going to go up, without a doubt!
The club have always kept the players on very similar wages and contracts over the years, and I really don't think anything will change for the foreseeable future. So Knocky's and Stephens £45,000 a week contracts will be the upper limit of what we'll pay.
The only thing that may happen, in my mind, if a player's agent gets too greedy, and asks for a stupid increase that breaks the pay structure, then I think that player won't be re-signed.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think the players should also get a bonus based on how high they finish in the league.
It's going to be very tough next season and the fans are going to have to play a big part in helping to win games also please get o the ground earlier spend your money in and around the ground and get to seats earlier to help build the atmosphere and I should think the ticket exchange will be in full use.
Looking forward for the fixtures coming out however be prepared for sky changing the games.:facepalm:

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Tony will not be held to ransom and will pull the plug on Stockdale if needs be . Pretty sure there are other very good keepers who would love to come to BHA given the chance .
Not sure if its been mentioned elsewhere but Ruddy was released by Norwich last week, presumably because he was still on Premier money. If Stockers did go, would definitely be worth a punt, especially with our back four in front of him. And of course there is the Hughton connection

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here