Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wouldn't be surprised if the Sky news has come from Stockdale's representatives, possibly pre-empting a club announcement they know will be made tomorrow.

Final publication of the retain/release list with note that an offer to Stockdale was not accepted and has been withdrawn?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Why would we announce that?

I assume Bozza's referring to an announcement that is:
a) Maenpaa has signed a new deal
b) We've signed a new keeper.

Was only kidding I think the club will announce we have made our best offer and the player has rejected it and we are now actively looking for a replacement

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I only posted what was on Sky Sports which many on here do not gave acess to and made no coment one way or the other.

Although you do make some off the wall comments, shall we say, I think some people that remain faceless just enjoy taking the piss out of an older person, probably helps them get along with their day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stocko's on holiday FFS. Leave the man alone. And BG, shut up for a change, FFS!

Although you do make some off the wall comments, shall we say, I think some people that remain faceless just enjoy taking the piss out of an older person, probably helps them get along with their day.

Thanks for that but FWIW I hope he signs a new contract with us

Lush

Mods' Pet
Yes family first and all that, but we're not exactly talking about being able to put food on the table here. If anything a move causes more disruption to a family, especially it means new schools/friends etc.

Don't forget that most footballers are competitive and want to be the best. Which includes being paid better than other footballers.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Yes family first and all that, but we're not exactly talking about being able to put food on the table here. If anything a move causes more disruption to a family, especially it means new schools/friends etc.

Don't forget that most footballers are competitive and want to be the best. Which includes being paid better than other footballers.

Would be unlikely to move if he goes to Chelsea as rumoured. He will go where the money is imo.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I am absolutely 100% certain many factors see footballers moving across the country and world. One will be telling their girlfriend come wife that they will be in a lot of different places for 10-20 years, kids or not. And I am sure for the wealth, those WAGS will follow them everywhere. So if Stockers upped sticks and moved three hundred miles up the road, the wife will be very obedient.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
LIke all footballers, he's got an agent and the agent will be handling the negotiations while Stocko's away and will keep big Dave updated.

Westwood is good but not as good as you seem to think - remember him flapping like a jelly-armed twonk when Knocky opened the scoring against them at the Amex. And he would cost millions in transfer before wages even come up.

Not all of the Albion players have agents as per PB at a fans forum.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Not bothered either way to be honest. If he stays, great, he's a good keeper and he'll probably do a good job in the PL. If he doesn't, thanks very much for what you've done, good luck, not the end of the world, we've got plenty of time to find a first option keeper (and many would be
happy to come, at the mo). Failing all else I'd give Maenpaa a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here