Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
To me, it comes down to this: if the club really wanted to keep him, they're now in the financial position to significantly increase his wage and offer him a long term deal. Perhaps we have someone else lined up?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Stockdale's wife tweeting that fans shouldn't jump to conclusions!

Saw that but can they really be surprised they get loads of comments when they keep posting cryptic nonsense. Both attention seeking if they both just put their phones down and deal with the negotiations in private they would avoid any abuse. Great goalkeeper but comes across as an attention seeker on social media and wife chipping in is just embarrassing

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Saw that but can they really be surprised they get loads of comments when they keep posting cryptic nonsense. Both attention seeking if they both just put their phones down and deal with the negotiations in private they would avoid any abuse. Great goalkeeper but comes across as an attention seeker on social media and wife chipping in is just embarrassing

To be fair, they didn't start it. Sky sports news reported something Stockdale denied. The abusers piled in anyway.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
To be fair, they didn't start it. Sky sports news reported something Stockdale denied. The abusers piled in anyway.

Agree to a point but professional footballers get this all the time and Twitter is littered with idiots posting abuse but as a professional you just stay out of your account and ignore it not flame it by posting cryptic nonsense

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Exactly .

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
This. The "family first" comment might be just - we're going on holiday after a long, intense season where we got promotion, and need to rest/recuperate/spend some quality time with the family, before dealing with my contract for next season - rather than a Cartman-esque "screw you guys, I'm going home". Just a shame he is so active on twitter and seems to feel a need to respond to everything!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You can see it though. They are on holiday . . . a few sherbets, and in a state of giddy euphoria about the fact there will be a life-changing payday ahead, and as yet unsure how it will unfold. Still, I agree absolutely that tweeting like the Donald is really not likely to go down well with anyone over the age of, well, you decide. I'm old so I'd prefer a haiku to a tweet.

Future pathway bright
Direction yet uncertain
On my holiday

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Seriously, how much abuse has he really had because I'm struggling to find a great deal. We are Brighton saying he's after more money and some kid with an egg for a profile picture saying he should just get on with it either way.

Now endless messages from fans of all clubs about how we're abusing one of our own despite there not being any, just because everyone else is saying it.

For someone who indulges in social media as much as he does he's being a bit precious.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He needs to stop replying to the brainless trolls flaming him and let things run their course. Without social media this would all be going on anyway........simple contract negotiations, club making an offer, employee trying to get a better deal. They'll probably meet somewhere in the middle and he'll stay. If he doesn't, good luck to him wherever he ends up, he's had a brilliant season and been instrumental in getting us up, but he's replaceable, like everyone else.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seriously, how much abuse has he really had because I'm struggling to find a great deal. We are Brighton saying he's after more money and some kid with an egg for a profile picture saying he should just get on with it either way.

Now endless messages from fans of all clubs about how we're abusing one of our own despite there not being any, just because everyone else is saying it.

For someone who indulges in social media as much as he does he's being a bit precious.

You haven't looked very far, if you haven't seen abuse.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't think anyone is coming out of this well

Granted Stocko is getting some stupid abuse from some stupid kids that he doesn't deserve and it's mindless. However Stockdale could rise above it and be the professional he is ! Posting mysterious tweets and retweeting facts about himself only encourage the twats and make himself look like a bit of an attention seeker.

If you don't want to stay David that's fine but negotiate in private and do what is best for you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He needs to stop replying to the brainless trolls flaming him and let things run their course. Without social media this would all be going on anyway........simple contract negotiations, club making an offer, employee trying to get a better deal. They'll probably meet somewhere in the middle and he'll stay. If he doesn't, good luck to him wherever he ends up, he's had a brilliant season and been instrumental in getting us up, but he's replaceable, like everyone else.

I disagree.

With the Premier League riches burning a hole in our pocket, could we get a keeper of equal or better ability? Unquestionably, yes.

Football, and more specifically, my football club is a lot more than 90 minutes of sport every now and again. David Stockdale's engagement in all aspects of the football club set him apart from the majority of players, and is the sort of person I want to be representing the club.

The Albion, or my view of it, will be a poorer place for not having David Stockdale involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here