Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was hardly going to say, "No I'm off".

I accept that but the mention from Radio Sussex appeared more positive. As he wasnt brought on and introduced and spoken to personally I thought perhaps it was done to avoid the question being posed to him. Being voted the top keeper in The Championship and the saves that he made to my mind made him an automatic choice to be interviewed.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Hope it is true... As for him saying he wants to stay, that's no surprise, but of course he's not going to say "...but that's out of my hands due to X wanting me more than Brighton did/offering more/whatever"

The more of the team from this season (certain players aside <cough, cough, Elvis> that is) that we can keep, to retain that team spirit that helped get us over the line, the better. Yes, there are certain areas we need to recruit but as Hughton apparently said yesterday, no wholesale changes, which is what we want to hear.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Bruno gave him a massive "man-hug" when he went to collect his medal, and had lots of words in David's ear! Hopefully trying to persuade him to stay! :kiss:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Hopefully his teammates managed to persuade him to do the right thing during the Las Vegas trip. Great news if true as his tweet suggested he was off.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not that this means anything but is she hinting?

from Katie Stockdale's twitter

What a wonderful day celebrating!! If this is the end of our time at… instagram.com/p/BUHhV8BgrikM…

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not that this means anything but is she hinting?

from Katie Stockdale's twitter

What a wonderful day celebrating!! If this is the end of our time at… instagram.com/p/BUHhV8BgrikM…

Yep. Sounds like he's leaving

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Strikes me as a little bit norty/unprofessional ...

Or could it be tactics - this + Katie's tweet of April 29 + all the retweets from Stocko recently re fans wanting him to stay = Mr Chairman see all the fans want me to stay because xyz so that must make me worth a 2 year contract on £******. If it is all part of the game I doubt it will work - nobody is indispensable

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or could it be tactics - this + Katie's tweet of April 29 + all the retweets from Stocko recently re fans wanting him to stay = Mr Chairman see all the fans want me to stay because xyz so that must make me worth a 2 year contract on £******. If it is all part of the game I doubt it will work - nobody is indispensable

Are you suggesting Stocko is playing poker against Tony?

I'm yet to meet anyone that stoooopid and I've been to America.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The event running yesterday never put Stockdale on his own on stage for an interview.

I cynically think that was preplanned, so as not to embarrass/pressure him.

Shame, would loved him to hear 10,000's singing the "...we want you to stay" chant.

I think he's off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here