Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Arsenal, Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and West Ham are monitoring Sunderland's English goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, who could move for about £25m. (Telegraph)

Well, in my opinion, he wouldn't be first choice at Arsenal, City(my guess), United or Liverpool yet. Maybe in one season.

I could see him being loan back out.

I could also be completely wrong :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
He didn't lose us the league FFS. There were 11 players on the pitch, to their 10 I might add.

Be a shame to see him go but that's life. People come and go.

EDIT - and my memory of him would be the double pen save. Or his reaction to the air show disaster. Or countless other crucial saves he made. But whatever #blamestockdale eh?

Nobody has mentioned the fact that Sam Baldock missed a sitter to put us 2-0 up which would have won us the game !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nobody has mentioned the fact that Sam Baldock missed a sitter to put us 2-0 up which would have won us the game !

THAT was THE moment in my opinion. I think Murray for the under-hit simple pass was probably more culpable than Baldock himself, though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably. Neither of those examples in that article (Ings from Burnley - Liverpool / Smalling from Fulham - United) are comparable though. The situation they are illustrating is not one of an out of contract player leaving a club, but one of a mutually beneficial situation to TWO clubs acting together.

Bad example then, but there's plenty of content relating to soon-to-be out-of-contract players being able to make a pre-contract agreement up to 6 months before his contract ends, such as:

"The advent of the transfer window and the Bosman ruling in 1995, which enables players to agree to join a new club six months before the player’s contract with his present club is due to expire, has meant that pre-contracts between clubs and players have become increasingly common. Pre-contracts come in many different forms but generally speaking, it is an agreement providing for the player to join the club on a future date."

Link: https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/train...ticles/enforceability-pre-contracts-football/

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
THAT was THE moment in my opinion. I think Murray for the under-hit simple pass was probably more culpable than Baldock himself, though.

Dont disagree , but equally to blame as much as Stockdale. . We had it in our hands yesterday qui sera !

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I was one of those who had doubts about Stockdale when he first came but he has been superb this season and got my POY vote.

It's a great shame that the possible error he made yesterday will always be remembered by some as the reason we didn't win the title, but he was tremendous yesterday and certainly kept us well in the game. It 's almost inevitable that when a 'keeper makes a mistake it will result in a goal, it's something which goes with the job and what makes them special types of people.

Yet at the other end of the field a missed opportunity is quickly forgotten, I refer to Sam Baldocks miss, or maybe the Glen Murray missed header both of which would have rendered the Stockdale alleged mistake irrelevant but no mention here.

We had three great opportunities to win the league, please don't put all the blame on this one mad, he is a legend and should be remembered as such.

We are Premier League, we are Premier League....don't forget it:albion2:

Edit: took my time writing that obviously:ffsparr:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Slightly off topic and not worth another thread but yesterday Lansbury went up in my estimation by a smidgeon (albeit from a low base).a disconsolate Stockdale was for some time prone on the ground at full time yesterday no Brighton player near him and yet he with the various hair do's took the trouble to walk half the pitch to put his arm around him

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think the positives do outweigh the negatives with Stocky,even if he does day-dream sometimes.:D

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had the Murray Baldock set up have been the other way around with Baldock passing GM would have just leathered it at the goal but that is what makes football what it is.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
i heard he wanted 3 years and we didn't want to offer that?

Chelski could be offering this length of contract as part of being no 2 goalie.
We are probably looking at Walton within that time period.
Which maybe is why we will not match.
Stockdale also lives in Surrey so no commute to Chelski training.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Suggesting getting promoted and staying put won't give him a life changing amount of money - IMO he already earns a life changing amount of money as do most footballers in the top two divisions - compared to normal working people

Yep. He would have been on life changing money before he was here as well I would guess. If one of the top clubs can pay him £100k a week for sitting on the bench it won't change the kind of offer we can make. In any case if he did go I reckon Maenpaa would be the walk in replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here